Chapter 2

I put a smile on my face as I reach the top of the stairs. I spot the group of men in a circle. All are saying something but they are overlapping each other that I can't figure out one sentence. A cunning smile caught my eye from the group as the man laughed. His head then popped over the crowd as he heard the hardwood floor creak as I stepped closer the huddle. He removed himself from the crowd and towards me as if he was in a rush with his eyebrows furrowed. He was a very handsome young man that looked like he was in his early twenties. He had a slender body but with a muscular build. He had brown hair, brown eyes but his cunning smile had left his face. He was dressed casually but handsomely. His demeanor changed as I got closer to him.

"Excuse me, sir, sorry to disturb the fun but I just wanted to come and introduced myself. My name is Rose. I will be your waitress tonight. How can I be of service?" I smile at the mysterious man in front of me. Without a word, he turned his body around back to the crowd of men.

How rude!

He quickly joined the group of men again but spoke to another man in the crowd. I saw when he said something into the other man's ear. The second man's eyes searched for me over the crowd until he found me looking at him. He smiled.

I waved to him.

I could tell that the second man was a lot more proper due to the fancier clothing he was wearing. He had a graceful, yet elegant walk to him. His hair black as night. He carried himself very powerful. The mysterious man that left me talking to myself walked very close behind him.

"Excuse me, sir..." I begin to say to the second man.

"Ah, Miss Rose, I must apologize for my friend Theo here leaving you behind. He should have escorted you to us over there. We don't bite." He began to laugh as he jokingly pushed Theo but Theo stood still as if his feet were rooted into the floor like a tree.

I laughed.

"My name is Dante. Like I had mentioned before, this here is my friend, Theo. All of us here are celebrating our friend's upcoming marriage. We would like lots of whiskey and scotch."

I nod as I write down his order. "And would you like to have anything to eat?"

"Ah yes. Food. Any good finger food?" Dante asks.

"I personally recommend our House Special Sampler. It's a big hit." I reply with a smile.

Dante lightly punches Theo on the shoulder, who remained quiet as a mouse and still as a statue. Dante laughs. "I think you and I, Miss Rose will get along just great. I say five of your House Special Samplers would just about do it for us, please."

"Yes, sir, right away. I will put in your order and bring your drinks." I respond and head back downstairs to the kitchen.