Chapter 11

I smile. "What do you dream about, Logan?"

Logan puts his arms in his pockets. "Well, to be honest, I dream about finding someone who can be the queen that my kingdom needs."

"But also someone you fall in love with, right?" I ask.

Logan's face saddens, "Unfortunately, that has never been a part of the criteria on the Royal Court."

"Oh" I manage to say.

"I was in love once..." Logan says.

My ears perk up with curiosity.

"To a Princess."

Of course...

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well, I was young. I was betrothed to a Princess that I practically grew up with. I was told at a young age that I was going to marry her when it was my time to take the throne as King. I started looking at her in a different light and I actually fell in love with her. Everyone in the palace kept saying how we would become a great King and Queen. But then the unexpected happened." Logan paused.

"She died?" I muttered.

"Well, no one really knows. There was a celebration in her kingdom and she disappeared. The Royal Guards searched everywhere. Her family expanded the search, even searched the seas. My family was taken out of her kingdom for our own safety but we searched for her in our kingdom since we were neighboring kingdoms. Three months passed and yet there was still no sign of her. Her body was never discovered but the Royal Court presumed her dead." Logan ended his story.

"Her poor family. How horrible for the princess. For you. I'm so sorry Logan."

"I just wish I knew what happened to her," Logan responds.