Chapter 3

Jameson takes away the tray of drinks I had prepared to take upstairs. I take the samplers upstairs with Matthew. Jameson dropped a towel and I slipped on it as soon as I realized. I try to regain my balance but I can feel myself falling backward. I see the samplers in the air. Suddenly, I feel an arm on my back. The stranger helped me regain my balance. Theo and Dante saved the samplers. I look at my hero. Another handsome man. He had ash brown hair and blue eyes. He smiled at me as I gazed into his eyes.

"Thank you." I finally say.

"ROSE!" Jameson calls out to me.

Uh-oh. I'm fired.

"Be careful next time Rose. You could have spilled food or drinks on our guests." Jameson scolds at me even though I did nothing wrong.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry, sir." I respond with embarrassment.

The hero of the hour interferes.

"Excuse me, sir but I think this towel is the towel you dropped." The man presents the towel that Theo had picked up off the floor. "YOU should be the one that is more careful next time." He tells Jameson.

Jameson turns red. "My apologies Mr. Logan. It won't happen again."

Theo and Logan box Jameson. "Yes sir, you will never yell at Miss Rose again." Theo steps aside to let Jameson walk away.

Jameson glares at me as he walks away. I turn to Logan, "Thank you, sir, you didn't have to do that but I appreciate it."

"Nonsense, no one should ever yell at a lady, even if the pompous is your boss. And please, Miss Rose, call me Logan." He tells me with a smile.

I nod in agreement and head downstairs. Matthew follows behind me.