Chapter 4

"Whoa, that guy stood up for you and put Jameson in his place. That guy is a force to be reckoned with. Plus I think he likes you, Rose." Matthew whispered in my ear.

"Shut it, Matthew, before they hear you," I replied to him.

"Whatever, you know I'm right by the way he was looking at you." Matthew stays on the same subject.

"He was just checking if I was okay," I respond in annoyance.

Thirty minutes pass and I prepare a tray to take the bachelor party another round of drinks. Matthew had been helping them when I got stuck with other tables thanks to Jameson.

"They requested you, Rose," Matthew tells me as he shrugs his arms when he walks into the kitchen.

I head upstairs with the tray of drinks and set the tray down on the table where Logan, Theo, and Dante are seated and the rest of the men fall into silence.

"Here you go, gentlemen. These drinks are on me. Again, thank you, sir." I say aloud but looking at Logan.

"Logan," he tells me once more.

"Yes. Logan. Thank you," I smile.

"Nonsense, we will pay for our drinks. You have been of great service tonight, Miss Rose. You made sure that even if you were busy, that Matthew would attend us instead of having us wait," Dante says.

All the gentlemen grab their glass of whiskey and follow Dante's lead.

"A toast to Miss Rose," Dante says as he holds his glass up in the air.

The rest of the party joins him.

"To Miss Rose!"

All at once they drink their glass and put their glass back on the tray and shortly after start getting up to leave.

"Party's over gentleman?" I ask.

"I'm afraid some of us are just getting too old to stay out late, but a few of us are planning to still go out and enjoy the night," Dante responds.

"But we do thank you, Miss Rose, and appreciate everything you did tonight. We will close out our tab with Matthew. Have a wonderful night," Logan says with a smile.

Logan, Dante, and Theo leave downstairs to catch up to the party. I go back to the table to clean up. Underneath the tray, I see something peeking on the side. I move the tray slightly and discover three one hundred dollar bills.

Wow.