Chapter 16

After what felt an eternity, the limo arrives at a small airport and I can see the staff waiting for us outside the private jet. As soon as the limo stops, the male attendants head to the trunk to get the luggage. The driver opens the door. Dante gets out of the car first.

"Don't be nervous. Everything will be alright." Theo tells me, displaying his cunning smile.

"Thank you." I smile back in response.

"Make sure you grab the trash bags. They are not trash. They belong to my special guest, Lady Rose." I hear Dante tell the staff.

"Yes, Prince Dante," they all reply in unison.

The staff turns to me. All smiles and eyes were on me. I felt the pressure on me suddenly. I smile back and wave nervously.

"Welcome to Sol Air, Lady Rose. I am the pilot, Captain Cruz at your service." Captain Cruz introduces himself to me as he bows.

"Curtsy..." I hear Theo whisper from behind me.

I curtsy. "Thank you, Captain Cruz."

One of the female attendants heads back into the jet before Dante makes his way up the steps with Captain Cruz as they converse. Dante arrives at the top of stairs and turns around as Captain Cruz heads further deep into the jet.

"Come on, Rose, your adventure awaits," Dante exclaims.

I run up the stairs quickly.

"Wow," I exclaim as I walk into the jet.

"It is an exquisite piece of machinery, isn't it Lady Rose?" Captain Cruz asks me.

"It is quite the sight, Captain Cruz."

"Well, I must head back into the cockpit." Captain Cruz bows to Dante and dismisses himself.

Dante takes a window seat and Theo takes another window seat at the opposite side of the jet.

"Please Lady Rose take a seat," a flight attendant gestures at a seat across from Dante.

I smile as I take the seat.

"Well Rose, are you excited or what?" Dante asks.

"Definitely anxious," I say as I start fidgeting with my fingers.

"Relax, Rose, you'll be fine," Theo tells me. "Just take a nap. That's what I do."

"It's just that this is so surreal. I can't believe this is actually happening. I can't believe that I am on an aircraft."

Theo looks at me dumbfounded. "Wait, you've never flown before?"

"Not a luxury that I've had," I answer.

"Well lucky for you, you are flying on Sol Air!"

I turn to see who had spoken. It was the limo driver.

"Forgive me, Lady Rose, that I did not have a chance to introduce myself, I am the co-pilot and Prince Dante's personal driver, Sebastien. I do hope you enjoy your first flight."

"I am glad we have gone through the introduction and thank you for getting me safely here through the streets of Hollywood."

Sebastien smiles and nods. "I will go check if we are ready to take off, Prince Dante," Sebastien bows and leaves to the cockpit to join Captain Cruz.

"You're in good hands, Rose," Dante tells me.

"Yeah, I used to hate flying but I've gotten used to it," Theo says.

"Miss Sabrina, please bring us all champagne," Dante tells one of the women.

"Right away Prince Dante."

She brings Dante, Theo and I each a glass of champagne.

"Cheers to a new adventure!" Dante toasts.

"Goodbye Hollywood, Hello Solaria!" I toast.

"Cheers to going home to Solaria!" Theo toasts.

We all clinked our glasses before drinking our champagne.