Chapter 9

"Truth is..." Logan pauses as he looks around, "... I am the Crown Prince Vellanca."

I look at the table for another glass of whiskey or anything for that matter but every glass is empty.

"Wow" I manage to say. "This is like something out of a movie! So you're telling me that you are a Crown Prince and you have to pick a complete stranger to marry so that you can become King? And you're okay with that?"

"I know it's strange but I've known my whole life the responsibilities of the monarchy, to my country, and not mention the responsibilities to my family." Logan states.

"Well if that's what you desire, then I'm happy for you," I reply.

"Desire? I've always known that my role as Crown Prince would require that I give up a lot of what I desire." Logan sadly says.

"What? But you're a prince! You can't do something that you want to do even for a day?" I question Logan.

"As a member of the royal family, my actions reflect the royal family and my country. As much as I'd like to forget, it is something that I have never been allowed to forget." Logan sighs.

I reach for his hand that he placed in front of him on the table. I pat his hand to show him my sympathy about his situation. Logan's blue eyes stare at me for a long moment.... he looks away to the dance floor and I turn my head to the direction he is looking as I remove my hand from his. I spot the group having a blast on the dance floor, laughing and enjoying the company of the other dancers.

***

Hello there! First of all, I would like to say thank you for continuing on reading Royal Affairs. I plan on posting new chapters for Royal Affairs about 2 or 3 times weekly.

Logan is, in fact, Crown Prince Logan of Vellanca. Who did you think would turn out to be the Crown Prince?

Also, please, please, please, feel free to vote, comment, let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts on the story and characters. I welcome any feedback and criticism you would like to provide. Any questions you have feel free to add them on a comment.

Thank you! Talk to you soon!

-Azalia