Chapter 8 [Blossoming tune]

ORIAN'S POV

What on earth Orain?
You just made a fool out of yourself!
You're a joke.

I cried in front of Jewel and accused her for forgetting me again. This situation is just so frustrating! I hate when I react before I think!

I'm an artist therefore I feel as if I have no control over my emotions, but that doesn't mean that, I have the right to spoil someones day. Ugh.

I had a sudden outburst and I think it was all because of the painting that was hanging on Jewel's wall. It reminded me of too many memories...

Why am I like this? I internally facepalm myself.

Why do I still think I can make a difference?

Jewel will never remember me and I should just accept it. I should realise what the reality of the situation is but
I guess I'm just plain greedy.

I'm still standing outside the car while Jewel is seated in it. She looks furious but then why shouldn't she?Afterall from her point of view, I'm a stranger who forcefully made way into her life. I feel guilty for that.

I'm at fault. I couldn't even keep any close connections with her when, she left the countryside. All I had was her E-mail address and she never seemed to answer my mails. I guess she never opened up her account.

Oh well.

What do you do now Orian? You messed up the day. You need to make it up to her somehow.

I take a breath and get inside the car. Slowly, I turn on the engine.

"Jewel, I'm sorry." I crinkle my nose and then face towards her.

She doesn't say a thing.

"I guess I spoilt the day. Huh?" I sigh.

"Of course you did! You just realised that now?!" Her mouth is open wide and she's shaking her head.

"Carefull or you'll get a fly trapped inside!" I joke, still trying to lighten uo the mood.

"Maybe, if I happen to swallow the fly, I won't remember that as well. Humph!"

Jewel is really angry. This must be a sensitive topic for her.

I sigh and tilt my head towards the girl again. Jewel has crossed her arms and she won't even look at me.

I finally, press my foot on the accelerator and start the journey again.

I'm concentrating on the road while trying to come up with ideas on how to make Jewel happy.

Suddenly I hear sniffling.

From the corner of my eye, I see a quick tear drop fall on Jewel's cheek.