Chapter 14 [Chained]

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

DAY 20

Not only am I unable to get up but I've also got a terrible head ache!

I sense that my surroundings are unfamiliar. It seems as if I'm lying on a bed. The air carries a smell of dettol.

"Hey, are you back?" I can hear somebody call my name, but opening my eyes seems like such a big task right now. I want to sleep for a little while longer...

"Hey," speaks the voice again. "I'm not going to leave until you give me response. I'm going to stay right here."

I feel somebody tracing my cheekbones. I flinch and a tear drop escapes my left eye.

"Shhh..."

The voice is very soft.

It's so familiar.

I slightly open up my eyes, and I see a rough outline of a girl sitting next to me. My tears have blocked my sense of vision. I can't make out who she is.

"Where am I?" My voice is only a whisper. I doubt whether or not the girl sitting next to me, would have heard what I just said.

"Hitman, you're in hospital."

I exhale in frustration.

The girl next to me laughs. It sounds something like when a pig snorts. Zoa is the only person I know who laughs like that.

"Zoa?" My voice sounds so weak. I hate it. I try to lift my hand to reach out to my friend, but I fail.

"Jewel, I'm right here. I'm right here."

The voice fades and I go back to sleep.

ZOA'S POV

I came back early from vacation so, I decided to go to Jewel's place.

When I reached near her apartment, I saw a car zoom right past me. I saw that the person sitting in the car, looked just like Jewel's mother.

I shortly arrived at Jewel's doorstep where I realised that the door was already open.

I entered her place, and the first thing I saw was blood. Bright red blood. It was running down from my best friend's head. I quickly called the ambulance and did my best to clear some of the blood while it arrived.

The ambulance arrived in record time and we managed to get Jewel to the local hospital. She was later assigned a room to stay in.

I waited for almost 4 hours outside in the lobby for her. I remember praying for everything to get better. I even called up her mother to tell her what had happened to her daughter, but she didn't pick up.

Finally, a doctor came and told me that it would be for the best if I went home. He said that Jewel would get stitches and nothing more. She was alright.