Chapter 22 [Robert]

"This case is very unusual

"This case is very unusual."

A police officer raises his eyebrows at the man in front of him.

"Hmm, I guess you don't get a criminal turning himself in every other day."

The man leans back on the chair on which he is sitting on.

After confessing to the police about all the sins he had committed on the phone, he agreed with the police officer to come to the police station for further investigation.

The officer was busy filling in details for the crime which the man had committed.

"Sir, I didn't quite catch your name. Please spell it out for me."

The man nods and begins reciting his name.

"The name is R-O-B-E-R-T, Robert."

"Last name?"

"B-L-O-S-S-O-M-S."

The police officers sniggers upon hearing the last name.

"Is there a poblem officer?"

The officer waves his hand and tries to put on a serious face.

"No, everything is alright. So, your last name is Blossoms right?"

Robert nods.

"Anways, I would like to call the victims or any witnesses just once to the police station to make sure you are telling the truth. I would also like to see their point of view." The policeman says.

"Why? Don't you believe that I'm telling you the right facts?"

The policeman shakes his head.

"It is a part of my procedure."

Robert fidgets a bit. He doesn't want to call his daughter and her friend to the police station. He knows that a big mess would be created. His wife wouldn't be ready to come as well since she is practically 'hiding' from the police.

He sighs.

"Well, can you?"

Robert slowly takes out his phone and turns it on. He stares at the keypad and he starts to dial in Jewel's number.

Robert waits for the call to be answered.

Minutes pass and Jewel finally picks up the phone.

"Hello, father."

Her crisp voice is heard through the phone.

"Hello Jewel."

Robert looks down at his feet. He feels extremely guilty for whatever he had done in the pass few years. It wasn't entirely his plan to fuss around with Jewel's and Orian's memories. It was his wife and her brother who forced him to.

"Robert, please turn the phone on speaker mode. I want to record this conversation as proof of what is happening." The police orders Mr. Blossoms.

The man turns his phone on speaker mode.