9. Jessie

Jessie

Sometimes the most unexpected things happen at the most unexpected times. I always hated those unexpected things. Sometimes they're good, yeah, other times they force you to make very hard decisions. My life is full of those unexpected incidents, just when I had decided not to make the first move with any guy ever again, I kept doing that, I also liked all the wrong ones. I regret some of them, while I cherish a few of my failed attempts at love. These days, I think I have something for Samuel Davies.

Who am I kidding? I am sure I have something for him.

Samuel was visiting the library me and Emma studied in, every day. He was reading, sometimes studying, other times he just had his headphones on and looked asleep. Since I'm already a curious person, I couldn't help but be curious about him. So I kept coming to the library every day just to see him. Just to see what type of guy he is. Just to see what he's wearing today, and how his expression today is. Eventually I realized I am being too much curious about him, to the point of wanting to know about his personal life. I had many questions to ask him, many things to know about him.

Like: What is his personality like?

Why does he come to the library every day?

Why does he listen to music in the library?

Does he remember me?

Does he have a girlfriend?

Will he accept me if I ask him out?

At first I thought it's just my insecurities that make me feel nervous, and all sweaty in front of him. But as we spent more time together I realized that I am in trouble again.

I'm having a crush for the fourteenth time in my life and the guy has to be none other than Sam. I was doubting my feelings all these previous days, but I became sure of them today. Before I talk about what happened on this day, I think it's safe to say Sam is definitely one of a kind. He's different and mysterious and just so my type. Me and Emma were in the library like always, the moment I got into the library I immediately checked the surroundings for Sam. Emma was talking, but I was too busy searching for Sam that I didn't actually hear what she was saying.

There he was.

He was sitting by the window, he seemed too focused on the book he was reading, with a smile playing on his lips. Emma seemed like she didn't notice Sam's presence. I immediately took the seat which was facing Sam's. Emma took the other seat and pulled out her books from her large bag. While I explained the details of Wuthering Heights to Emma, I admit I glanced at Sam every now and then. The first time we met Samuel again was in this library, but every time we came he was too busy that he didn't even notice us coming, more like he didn't even notice anyone. He was too engrossed with his books, and music. I noticed how his expression changed with each page of the book he read. He smiled, then raised his left eyebrow, he became angry too. Sometimes he even let out a chuckle. He also became sad, as if he is all the characters in the book he's reading.

Emma asked me a question, I answered her and showed her the page in the novel of Wuthering Heights which Catherine died. She nodded her head and started reading the page, while she did that I looked up but didn't find Sam in his usual place.

"Jessie?" I heard Emma call my name, I stopped looking for Sam and stared at my friend.

"Yeah?" I said.

"What are you looking for?" She asked.

"N-nothing, I was just deep in thought." I answered after smiling at her, trying my best to act and be casual.