35. Jessie

Jessie

It was finally Sunday. The day which I had my very first date. And with none other than Nathan. The day I'll no longer feel like I'm not being asked out by anyone. I thought to myself. The day my status changed from single to in a relationship. And the day I no longer felt like I'm nobody. Who was I kidding? It's Nathan-freaking-Evans. Who was loved and adored by everyone. Even my own father is totally fond of him. He's popular, handsome, smart, rich, etcetera. He has all the good qualities any person wishes to have. So of course, it did matter that I was dating him. I had been daydreaming and worrying about for a while. Which was nearly four days ago. Which was sixty five hours ago, which equals three thousand and nine hundred minutes ago, and two hundred and thirty four thousand seconds ago, precisely.

So umm... Yeah.

Now you might be wondering how I spent all those seconds. I spent it on picking out the right outfit for my first date. Me. Jessica King, wasted two hundred and thirty four thousand seconds, on fashion and not books. Now that's a record I should write in my diary. But anyways, Rachel helped me pick out a very pretty yellow floral dress. Since I didn't know where Nathan was planning to take me, Rachel thought a girly outfit would be better. So here I was waiting in the guest room, for Nathan. He said he'd go bring his new car, to drive us to our first date's location. I stared at my dress for the thousandth time that day, it was knee length, sleeveless, and... too much girly. It was something Rachel would love so much to wear, even Emma would want to wear the pink or baby blue one.

No no no no no, don't go there.

My point is: it's definitely not my type. But the weird thing was I liked it. I was very nervous for my date, but I was in love with the dress I was wearing. I jumped up from surprise, when I heard someone knock at the door. I quickly ran towards the door and opened. Nathan was there. Grinning at me with a bouquet of red roses in his hands. He scratched the back of his neck nervously, and walked very slowly towards me. He handed me the roses, which hid nearly all of my face and smiled.

"You look like a yellow rose among the red ones." He said, his adorable smile still on his face.

Did I just say adorable?

And did he just compliment me?

"Umm... thanks?" I said, and mentally face palmed myself. The date hadn't even started yet I was already a nervous wreck. Way to go, Jessie.

"You're welcome," Nathan said and bowed like Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice. "Shall we go?"

"Yeah." I mumbled and started to follow Nathan out. But unfortunately the bouquet's size was too large for my likings and I couldn't pass through the door.

Nathan frowned as he noticed that I was struggling to pass through the door, trying out every angle to pass the flowers through the door first.

"Uh... I think you should leave them inside, Jessie." He said "You're probably going to bring it home again." I blushed and muttered a Yeah under my breath, which I was so sure that he probably never heard it. I put the flowers on the sofa in the living room quickly, then followed Nathan outside. A comfortable silence was engulfing the air around us as the elevator was taking us to the ground flat. Nathan motioned to his Mercedes Benz and I nodded my head slowly, pretending I'm not nervous for what the day might have in store for us. And well... umm... pretending I was very lady-like. Which we all know I'm not. I stood in front of the car, waiting. As Nathan unlocked it, and got into the driver's seat.

O-kay.

I frowned and adjusted my dress from nervousness. I was wondering if he forgot to open the door for me or he had forgotten something in his car and he would have come and opened the door for me after he found it. Or he wouldn't have just opened it for me. He looked at me with a frown and rolled down the passenger seat's window.

"Aren't you coming in?" He asked.

"Umm... Yeah.. But... Weren't you supposed to open the door for me?" I said and licked my lips.

"Oh. Sorry. I thought you're like Rachel. A feminist, I mean. And... feminists would say: they can open the door themselves. Rach always complains when I do it for her." Nathan said in a hurry, as he got out of the car and opened the door for me. I blushed at my stupidity and smiled at the gesture. The ride to wherever we were about to go was silent. But I liked it that way. I needed to think. I needed to try to impress Nathan. I needed to make him not regret his feelings towards me. I smiled to myself when I remembered how the poor guy told me his feelings. I stared out of the window and my smile grew wider. I knew this road and I think I kind of knew where Nathan was taking me.

We're going to the beach!

And I couldn't wish for a better first date than having it on a beach.