41. Jessie

Jessie

I sat there crying for god knows how many minutes. I cried and cried watching Nathan's retreating figure and feeling sorry and regretful for telling Nathan about Dave's feelings for Rachel did not stop me from crying and being angry at Nathan, even just for a little bit. I blew my nose on a Kleenex I just got from my bag and frowned when I saw Nathan's unfinished ice cream on the bench. I put both my hands on my face and continued sobbing loudly. I was pretty sure that the poor birds which Nathan chased away by yelling felt sorry for me now. Because they had come back to their tree and they were flying all around me, singing their own song for me. But even their relaxing singing wasn't enough to calm me and stop me from pouring all my heart out.

I couldn't believe this.

I couldn't believe Nathaniel Evans aka: my boyfriend who was supposed to love me. Who was supposed to be so much in love with me, would hurt me on our second date.

Oh.My.God. It's true. It's true It's true It's true. Boys hurt the girls they love. I have heard that so much from my middle school friends. That's soooooo true. And here I am crying over someone who loves me yet hurt me. I'm so stupid. Well I have a heart after all. And it hurts. I told myself. I guess this is why people who are in friend zone are afraid of telling their feelings to their crush. Because it will either destroy and ruin their friendship or the relationship will end up in hurting them both. Take me and Nathan as an example. The poor guy had a crush on me without me knowing, but we're already fighting. That's okay though, couples fight, don't they? It would be boring if our relationship is all sunshine and rainbow. It's in our destiny, all these fights and-

"Cupcake?"

It took me a few seconds to realize that there was someone standing right in front of me, and he (since his voice was male obviously) was calling someone cupcake, and there's a ginormous possibility that someone was me.

I slowly removed my hands from my tear stained face, and saw a pair of white Adidas trainers. My eyes slowly landed on his ripped jeans up to his black shirt and black leather jacket, finally I saw a concerned looking guy, who looked very familiar, staring at me. He had his hands in his jeans pockets and he looked rather worried. I blinked a few times and kept staring at him for a few minutes before I found my voice.

"Harry?" I mumbled, then cleared my throat, since my voice had become all squeaky and weird.

"Yep" He said, and grinned from ear to ear, then he sat down on the bench, where Nathan was sitting half an hour ago.

"So... what's making you cry, cupcake?" He said as he looked at me expectantly.

Cupcake?

"Don't call me cupcake." I said with a frown.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He said, ignoring what I just told him completely. I remained silent for quite a while and wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, and blew my nose on the Kleenex in my hand.

"Cupcake," He said and chuckled "I came all the way here to eat ice cream from that shop. I didn't come to hear you answer my question with a question, so I'll really appreciate it if you don't waste my precioussss time and just get on with it." I felt blood rush into my cheeks from embarrassment, the poor guy was here to comfort me.

"I...actually... I just had a fight with my boyfriend," I blurted out and looked at Harry in wonder. I wondered if he's surprised that a girl like me has a boyfriend. Surprisingly Harry didn't seem shocked by knowing that I was taken at all which was good.

"Your boyfriend?" He asked instead, as he put his chin between his thumb and index finger.

"Yeah." I answered while nodding my head.

"I mean... who's your boyfriend?" He asked, with a raised eyebrow and a hint of a smile on his face.

"Nathan," I said, "the guy I-"

"Nathaniel Evans is your boyfriend?" Harry interrupted me, seeming quite surprised with this news.

"Umm...yeah. Why do you seem so surprised?" I couldn't help but ask. Harry sighed and rubbed his chin, which was covered in tiny stubble. His white-blonde hair looking completely white under the sun.

"Tell me everything about your love life, cupcake." He demanded and stared at me intently.

"I can't just tell a stranger about my love-"

"What's my name?" He interrupted me.

"Umm..that's a weird question, do you perhaps have amnesia?" I asked feeling doubtful.

"Just answer." He said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Harry Hikings." I mumbled.

"Couldn't hear you," Harry said as he put his left ear closer to my face, making me blink a few times.

"Harry Hikings!" I said in a louder voice. And looked at my surroundings.

"See? You know my name and this is not the first time we meet," He said with a shrug, "So, go ahead and tell me how the hell you got to date a guy like Nathaniel Evans!" I stared at Harry and narrowed my eyes, I wondered if I could trust him. But well he was only asking me to tell him about my relationship with Nathan and nothing more. So I took a deep breath and started to tell him about my love life with my childhood friend, I started by telling him about Samuel Davies and how he rejected me. I narrated everything, minus the part that I have asked out fourteen guys before Nathan asked me out. Harry listened patiently to every word I said. Sometimes he nodded, other times he frowned so I knew he hadn't understood that part and I repeated it for him. He narrowed his eyes while I told him about some other parts, so I knew he didn't quite like them. He listened without interruption, seemed more curious about my relationship with Nathan though. When I finished telling him about our fight, Harry was silent for quite a while.

"Hmm..." He mumbled and stared at me with a blank expression on his face. "I wish you the best with him, Jessie. But...be careful, don't get hurt, alright?"

With that said, he got up quickly and walked to the ice cream shop and out of sight. Leaving me speechless and surprised. What just happened?