29. Jessie

Jessie

Rachel and Nathan were avoiding each other all day, ever since they woke up, ever since Emma's surprising visit. Dave noticed it too, he tried to make them make up, but it was of no use. I tried too, but I already knew it'll be useless. Rachel was avoiding me also. I tried to talk to her and ask her if anything is wrong with her, but she just shrugged and said: everything is fine. Without making eye contact with me.

After many trying and complaining, Dave persuaded us to hang out together, he thought it'll benefit all of us.

"It'll be healthy. Especially after that Emma girl ruined my amazing breakfast." That's what he said. So we all agreed. We were walking the crowded streets of Louisville together. Talking, laughing, eating street food and candies, and just enjoying ourselves. Even Rachel and Nathan. Seemed to have forgotten about whatever their problem was, and they were enjoying themselves.

"Guys, should we go to cinema?" Dave suggested, as he ran in front us, facing Rachel and Nathan, his feet looking very weird as he walked backwards, blocking our way. "I heard there's this movie playing, umm... What was it's name? Hold on... I know... Ahhh... What happened to Monday?"

"I didn't know you're into sci-fi now." Nathan muttered, looking calm and collected as ever. But I could feel a little bit of teasing in his voice.

"Well... I watched the trailer and it seemed dope!" Dave mumbled, as he stopped walking backwards, and started walking was with. Feeling a bit embarrassed that Nathan didn't agree on his suggestion. "Forget it if you guys don't like watching movies at the moment." Nathan just chuckled, and led the way to the cinema. Unfortunately it was kind of crowded, there were only four seats left. Two in the very front. And two in the back. That meant we had to separate into two groups.

"At least, four seats are left." Rachel mumbled, speaking for the first time since we got out of our apartment. We argued about who should sit next to who, for about half an hour. Apparently, Rachel and Nathan were still mad each other, and didn't want to sit by each other. Just when I was about to suggest me and Rachel sit by one another. I felt someone grab my wrist, and lead me to the two seats in the front.

It didn't took me long to realize it was Nathan. He led me to the seats, and sat down. I sat down beside him, and stared at him in question. But he ignored me, and started watching the movie, which had just started. While eating a bit of the popcorn he was holding. Nathan was silent all the while. He's not a very talkative person, but well... today he's unusually quiet. We watched the movie in silence, together. I felt myself smile, all the time I was with him. I remembered how he protected me, and supported me this morning. And right now, I was very comfortable with the silence. He gave me a bottle of soda, without saying anything, his eyes glued to the screen all the time. I happily took the cola from him, and thanked him.

"This is very boring. Sci-fi is not my thing." Nathan whispered, I stared at him in disbelief, my eyes widened, my jaw nearly on the floor.

"Sci-fi is not your thing?" I whispered. "I thought you like these things, and well... Sci-fi is cool."

"Nope, I don't." Nathan whispered, scratching the back of his neck and smiling sheepishly.

"Weird." I mumbled and stared back at the big screen in front of me.

The movie reached the part, where some of the sisters die, because of Monday. And I couldn't help but frown and compare Emma with Monday. Surprisingly, they were quite similar. Both selfish, and crazy.

"Is something wrong?" I heard Nathan whisper in my ear. Making me jump in surprise. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"N-no, it's alright." I said, "I just remembered something about Emma, that's all."

"By something, you mean... this morning." Nathan said with a chuckle.

"Well...yeah." I sighed, and rubbed the palms of my hands together, "and everything else."

"Hmm... I see." Nathan mumbled and looked away from me. "There's no need to tell you: everything will be okay. Because everything will be okay, you know. I'm not good with these kinds of speeches, but I'll just say... I'm always here if you needed anything."

"Thank you, Nathan." I said and smiled genuinely. The movie finished, but my genuine smile was still on my face.