30. Nathan

Nathan

I stared at Jessie, who was smiling from ear to ear. And I couldn't help but smile too. The boring movie was finally over. Jessie stretched her arms while yawning. Making me chuckle. I grabbed the empty bottles of cola, and was about to get up. When I suddenly felt someone resting a hand on my arm.

I turned around, smiling at Jessie, "Do you need anything, Jessie?"

"Umm... I just wanted to thank you." Jessie said, blushing slightly. "For everything, I mean. And... I want to apologize... for ruining your party."

"Don't mention it." I said, my lips still curved up in a smile. "I haven't done anything worth bragging about." We were soon on our way to where Rachel and Dave were sitting, in the back of the cinema. The lights were on, and people were all rushing and pushing each other to go out of the place, which smelled like a mixture of socks and popcorn by this moment.

I heard Jessie let out a gasp. "Arghhh" I turned around to find her hair has fallen all over her face, she looked like she has bumped into someone (a guy with white- blonde hair), since she was literally in his arms. The guy's arms supported Jessie, as she found her balance, and blushed crimson red, when she noticed her face was only inches away from the guy's face.

Jessie blushes very easily, in fact she blushes every time.

All the time.

I needed to tell her to control her feelings to herself when I find the chance. She needed to stop that blushing any time she sees a person from the opposite gender.

"S-sorry." Jessie stuttered. Without looking into the guy's eyes.

"Are you okay?" The white-blonde haired guy asked, his voice lacking any emotions. But he obviously seemed to be trying to be polite.

"I'm fine." Jessie said, with a reassuring smile.

I walked to where she was standing, and looked at her with narrowed eyes.

Alright. She's fine.

"You okay?" I asked her anyways.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jessie answered.

It was when I looked up and took in the white-blonde guy's face that I knew faith was definitely playing a dirty game with me. There, standing in front of me was none other than: Harry Hikings. My worst and only enemy. He was the reason to every suffering in my life. Me and Rachel's suffering, to be precise. He played with her heart and destroyed her.

"Oh.... Hello old friend!" Harry said with an evil smirk on his face. "Who's your beautiful friend?" His eyes were fixed on Jessie, he looked at her from head to toe, in his own disgusting way. But I knew I was the only one who could see right through him. Jessie was blushing again and she tried hard to hide her smile. Oh, for the love of god! How could she smile at anyone who called her beautiful? I was right, she was desperate for any guy's attention. Her feelings for Sam were so unreal.

"I'm Jessie." She said, as she took Harry's stretched hand. Clearly, ignoring me standing here glaring at her.

"It's very nice to meet you, my lady." Harry said and took her hand to his mouth to kiss it "Harry Hikings at your service." Harry was definitely the type of guy who knew how to impress women. He acted all gentleman with every woman he met, he bowed, kissed their hands, held the door for them, and even he held their hand bags while the girls were in the rest room. But most important of all, he knew exactly how to break their hearts. Or worse, how to break them.

"It's nice to meet you too." Jessie said, having her widest smile ever playing on her lips. He had already impressed Jessie. But well... Jessie is just too simple, and kind hearted, she wouldn't be able to see right through this guy. I didn't want to interrupt them. Because even if I had told her what kind of guy Harry was, Jessie would not have believed me. This is why Harry was able to break so many hearts. But hopefully... Nothing was going to happen to Jessie, right?

I hope not...

"So, how are you?" Harry kept trying to get Jessie's trust. Because that was his way of getting them to like him, or worse, fall in love with him.

"I'm fine." Jessie said, as she blushed crimson red AGAIN. Harry liked to have targets when it came to girls, when he reached his goal he threw them away, like pieces of garbage.

"I think I've met you before..." Harry's voice trailed off, as he frowned and thought hard of where he's met Jessie.

"Ummm... I don't know..." Jessie mumbled, as she frowned too and then suddenly her eyes widened. Harry's eyes widened too, as he pointed a finger her way.

Oh, no!

"You study English literature?"

"You're in school of English literature?" They both exclaimed at the same time. And they both grinned at each other, as if they have accidentally found a very valuable treasure. No, no, no, no, no.... I needed to think of something, and fast. I needed to find a way to not let Jessie be Harry's next target.