62. Nathan

Nathan

Everything was so messed up, once again something happened which prevented me from doing what I wanted to do. Once again all that I had planned was ruined. I knew I didn't have any choice but to lie when I agreed to what Rachel had told me, but I didn't expect to lie to this extent.

I had forgotten about our parents, and now that the three of them know about it I had no idea how to get out of this mess. Now that they know, they'd expect more from us, possibly marriage.

I thought I could handle my parents, I would have just told them some lie and they would believe me, Jessie's father on the other hand is a very different matter. Jessie has been raised without a mother, so Mr King is definitely sensitive and cautious  about anything regarding her.

Now that he knows there's less chance for me to get out of this relationship. It would be very difficult to find an excuse to break up with Jessie.

"Nathan, are you alright?" Jessie's gentle voice interrupted my chain of thoughts. We were in my car driving back home. I wasn't actually in the mood for anything, in fact I wanted to be left alone. I needed time to think and I needed to think and assess all the things happening in my life once again.

"I'm fine." I mumbled without looking at Jessie.

"Are you sure?" Putting her hand on my hand which was on the gear.

"Yeah." I said, still not looking at her and not reacting to her touch which felt very warm and relaxing.

"Well... I'm here for you if you needed me. Okay?" Jessie offered, her voice gentle as ever. I stared at her finally to find her looking very concerned and worried.

Her makeup was lighter than before, which showed her normal features looking so much better now.

Seeing her like this: very caring, worried, and looking very stunning got me wondering why all those stupid guys rejected her...

And how the hell I haven't noticed that she's this beautiful?

"Okay Jess. Don't worry about me." I said and smiled at her genuinely.

"I'm sorry for telling my father-" She started but I shook my head and interrupted her.

"There's no need to be sorry. He's your father, he has every right to know." I said, meaning every word which came out of my mouth.

Who am I to control someone's life anyways? I thought as I parked my car and waited for Jessie to get out.

"Aren't you coming in?" She asked.

"I have somewhere to go." I muttered.

"Oh..." Jessie mumbled, as she frowned looking rather disappointed.

"Do you need anything?" I asked, staring at Jessie.

"No." She replied a little harshly and reached for the door handle.

"Hey! Hey, Jessie! What's wrong?" I said as I gently grabbed her arm.

"Wh-what do you mean? I'm fine!" She kind of squeaked, looking at everywhere and everything but at me. I sighed and reached for her face, grabbing her chin and making her to look at me.

"Has anyone ever told you how much you're bad at lying?" I whispered, resting my hands on each side of her face. "Tell me why do you look so disappointed in me. Do you want to come with me?"

"No," Jessie said, still frowning.

"Then tell me what's wrong." I demanded.

"I...I...uh..." Jessie stuttered, her mouth closing and opening multiple times while we stared at each other for a few seconds.