57. Jessie

Jessie

I stretched my arms, and took a deep breath. I can't remember a morning when I was feeling this refreshed. In my comfy bed, eyes closed. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around my room, I yawned and remembered I was not actually in my room. I was in the wood house and for some reason I was brought into the bed Nathan was sleeping in. My cheeks suddenly burned, as an image of me being in Nathan's arms came into my mind, Nathan carrying me bridal style and gently putting me on his bed.

I sighed and grabbed my phone to check the time. I gasped in horror as I looked at the screen, it was noon! It was twelve freaking PM, I overslept. I quickly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower, thankfully Rachel had brought me extra clothes and my toothbrush.

Rachel, Nathan, and Dave were having lunch in the kitchen when I arrived there.

"Hey!" I said and sat down beside Nathan, who smiled and greeted me back.

"Hey girl!" Rachel said, "Have some burgoo " She poured me burgoo with some hot brown.The sight of it was so mouthwatering that I couldn't wait anymore and started eating impatiently. 

"Are you alright?" I asked Nathan.

"I'm feeling much better thanks to you guys." He replied and smiled warmly.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?"I asked my friends, still staring at Nathan though. I was suddenly feeling hot when the image of Nathan carrying me in his arms came back to my mind.

"You were sleeping so peacefully and soundly, Nathan said not to wake you up." Rachel replied and winked.

Nathan continued having his lunch without looking at me, I put the spoon I was holding in my right hand into my left hand and slid my right hand into Nathan's left one. Nathan was very surprised at first, that I almost thought he would slap my hand away. Since we hadn't held hands or shown affection that much. But he stared at me for a few seconds before squeezing my hand back, and not letting it go.

I smiled and felt my heart about to rip from my chest. I felt like the luckiest girl on the planet. I had amazing friends, the best guy in the entire world was my boyfriend and I had an amazing father. Who would possibly want more?

We finished having lunch like that, hand in hand, it was a little bit difficult on my part since I wasn't left handed. But hey! I wasn't complaining. it was then that I realized that I wasn't thinking about Emma and Samuel for the past few days. In fact it was like I had completely forgotten about them, the best part was I was not feeling hurt thinking about them anymore. I just wished things were different and well.. it's not like it was in my hands, so wishing about that was useless. At least Samuel had the decency to apologize, Emma on the other hand was too egoistic to even admit her faults.

Anyway.

Since I had to do a report on a certain book for tomorrow, I had to go back home, so Nathan decided to come with me and help me. Since it was already midnight, Dave and Rachel stayed to continue painting that large room, which I think was supposed to be the living room.

I persuaded Nathan to have a good night's sleep, since he was the most exhausted among us four. He agreed as he drove us to my apartment. I unlocked the door of the apartment and got in.

"Ahhh... I'm so tired!" I said as Nathan followed me in, "Can you make some coffee while I bring the book?"

Nathan chuckled and nodded "Sure!"

"I'll be right back!" I said and walked to my room, I grabbed the door handle and opened the door. Just when I got in I dropped my bag and let out a shriek.

"Help! Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and started walking backwards and out of my room.

"Jessie?" Nathan was soon behind me, pulled his arms around me and pulled me away from my room.

"What's wrong? You're alright?" He asked as he stared at me with a panicked expression on his face and was looking at me up and down as if searching for scratches.

"Th-there's s-someone in there..." I stuttered and pointed at my room.

"Let me check," Nathan said, seeming totally calm and collected. He got into the room and switched the lights on.

I gasped while Nathan groaned in annoyance as we saw who the intruder was.

"What are doing here?" We both asked at the same time, Nathan a little bit rudely though. Harry just smiled sheepishly and waved at us, my room was still the same, it didn't seem like he had touched anything. Although my wardrobe was open and there were scattered clothes everywhere.

"Seriously if you feel horny, there's no need to steal my bras I would have given you one." I retorted, folding my arms and glaring at him. I felt Nathan's eyes on me for a few seconds before he glared at Harry.

"I was feeling tired, and wanted to sleep, I was looking for a blanket." Harry said and smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes.

"What a joke..." I heard Nathan mumble beside me.

"How did you get in here anyways?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"I just got in somehow." Harry replied in a quiet voice.

"You almost gave me a heart attack, what were you searching for?" I asked, curious as to how he even knew where I live, or maybe he was just a thief and didn't know this was my place? Why go through my clothes anyways who would hide money in there?

"Nothing just a blanket jeez... you guys don't need to be this rude, I haven't stolen anything." Harry said with a laugh.

"I'm going to show you what rudeness is Hiking!" Nathan said through gritted teeth as he walked past me and grabbed Harry by the collar of  his jacket.

"Nathan!" I exclaimed, feeling my pulse quicken and my eyes widen. Oh god no, the last thing I want is seeing a fight between these two. Nathan didn't hit Harry though, he pulled him out of my room by his collar. I followed, feeling sick to my stomach, Harry wasn't fazed at all. In fact he was laughing out loud.

"You... will... get... out... of... this...house..." Nathan said between breaths, making Harry laugh louder. Nathan opened the main door and pushed Harry out roughly.

"Don't you ever come back, or try to hurt or scare Jessie, understand?" Nathan snapped and slammed the door shut in Harry's face. For some reason I found his reaction very hot and entertaining, so I giggled.

Nathan looked at me, puzzled. But his expression soon relaxed and he smiled back at me. His smile was making thousands of butterflies in my stomach go crazy, I loved how much he was protective, and he looked much more handsome in my eyes these days. I can't believe I thought all those fourteen guys I asked out were handsome. Because none of them could be compared to Nathan, my boyfriend.

I'm sure girls would disagree with me on this and they would find other guys more handsome. So... maybe my feelings are involved with my thoughts, because I don't think he is only handsome but he's actually the greatest guy I've met so far.