Chapter 8 - Offer Call

[A/n: don't play the track until asked on loop.]

"Eva you can always look upon me and your mom whenever you are stuck in your life

"Eva you can always look upon me and your mom whenever you are stuck in your life... We will be always there to help you out okay?!"

You nodded and they smiled at you bringing a small smile on your face. You felt blessed to have parents like them.

You stood up from your seat which was in front of your mom and went in between then and hugged them at the same time and kissed their cheeks.

"you guys are the best parent that I could ever imagine to have... And one more thing if I get selected I want to leave my past behind... Everything related to him... So I no longer want to stick with the name Eva... I want to be only Y/n... Being called Eva only reminds of him and I don't want that", you told them frankly not wanting to hide anything from them.

"As we said... We can do anything for you... You were the one who forced us to give you the nickname Eva when you first heard it and now if you are asking to only refer you as Y/n... We will do it... We are more than happy to call you Y/n", dad smiled at you which you gladly returned.

"but are you sure... We know how much you loved the name so much that you wanted to change it to your official name... If it was not grandma them you would have done it", mom chuckled at the memories when you fought with grandma to change your name but in the end, she won.

"Maybe that's why it is said... Everything happens for a reason... Now I will forget all the memories related to that name and move on", you took a deep breath and smile to reassure them and yourself as well.

Your parents have always been supportive to you ever since you remember, they never fail to show you right path whenever you were confused and you will always be thankful to them because without them you don't know what you would have done in your life.

"Thank you so much... I should go and call the company", you said and went to your room and sat on the bed while calling the given number noted on your notepad in your hand using my new sim card.

[ON PHONE CALL]

(you took a deep breath to calm yourself)

You: "Hello is this MT Entertainments?"

???: "yes... How may I help you?"

You: "I wanted to have a conversation with Mr Mark."

???: "Can I know who I am talking to and also the purpose of the call?"

You: "Oh... Yes... My name is Y/n... I got an offer from MT Entertainment for the post of video director two months back and was asked to call on this number."

???: "AHHH! Yes... But the number registered here in our database is different"

You: "Yes... Because I lost my cell phone a few days back... that's why"