Chapter 16 - Ignorant

[A/n: Play the song on loop... I know its a Hindi song and to be more accurate it's a song from one friend to another asking him not to be angry at him as he meant the world to the another you can google the lyric translation and scene is a wedding celebration]

"Kookie-ah... Do you remember what we talked about a few days ago", Jimin asked as Jungkook stopped talking.

Jimin crouched down in front of Jungkook keeping his hands on Jungkook's knees for balancing himself.

[Flashback]

Jungkook was laying on the bed on his stomach sulking and whining like a kid waving his arms and legs in different directions when Jimin entered the room.

"Why are you becoming weird day by day... You will leave Taehyung behind at this pace?", Jimin commented and younger one glared before going back to his whining.

"what happened Kook?", elder finally asked tired of watching the grown-up kid.

"Hyung... Why does IU noona always ignore my calls whenever I call her... But Eva used to pick them up in a single ring only?", Jungkook asked as he sat up straight on his bed crossing his legs.

Jimin stared at his few seconds and crossed his arms on his chest before asking him, "Are you missing her now?"

"NO...", Jungkook immediately said and avoided eye contact with Jimin but Jimin narrowed his eyes on him with diverting his gaze, in the end, the maknae gave up.

"okay... maybe... Her face always pops up whenever IU noona ignores me... I am always reminded how she kept me at no. 1 priority but when it comes to IU noona... I... I don't even know what my position is", Jungkook's voice became softer in the end.

Jimin saw how confused the maknae was. He broke his gaze from the younger one and asked, "do you know where IU is right now? "

Jungkook's forehead cringed in confuse but still replied, "Studio... Why?!"

Jimin sighed and strolled towards the maknae sitting at the edge of his bed. He looked directly in Jungkook's dear eyes, "I know you won't believe me... But I need to tell you this... Today I was in a coffee shop when I saw IU with another man holding hands"

"so what?... Can't they be friends?... Don't tell me you never held the hand of a girl who is just your friend", Jungkook retorted to which Jimin sighed looking down.

"Jungkook-ah... Trust me on this one... You both don't love each other... Neither you nor IU... Just please trust me", Jimin tried to convince the younger.

Jungkook was shocked to hear those words coming out of Jimin's mouth. He immediately stood up from the bed and glared Jimin. "what do you mean?!", he asked.

Jimin sighed and stood up as well face to face with maknae. "If you loved IU then after listening to what I have told you... You would have been roasting in jealousy by now... Just like you always were with Eva..."

".. Whenever she used to spend more time with us... then you would sulk for hours in the corner of the room until she had to do so many things to calm you down..."

"but look at you now... You just calm... You don't love her... You just keep comparing her with Eva because you miss her...

you are trying to find Eva in IU...

Same faith...

Same loyalty...

Same security...

Same warmth...

And most importantly...

Same Love...

Love that you only received from Eva...

You knew you were wrong when you dumped her...

You know IU doesn't love you...

You know your heart still call for her...
You want her by your side like she always was...

But your ego doesn't let you accept this...

You are ignoring your heart in your ego...

So stop being ignorant and listen to your heart before its too late...

Though it already is...you-"

Jungkook couldn't take it anymore and ended up yelling cutting off Jimin.
"Hyung!!! Stop it... I don't love her anymore... I really don't... IU Noona is the only person I love...do you get that?!"

Jimin understood that it was useless to argue with Jungkook as he was in denial and ignorant towards his own heart and he couldn't do anything.

"you won't understand it now... But stop being ignorant... Stop telling yourself this lie... Stop forcing yourself to accept this lie...

You miss Eva...

You still love her...

And you want her to support you...

Just keep this ego aside before it destroys you"

With that Jimin left the room leaving Jungkook standing there fuming in anger.

[End of Flashback]

Jungkook nodded his head acknowledging what the elder meant to which Jimin smiled lightly patting Jungkook head.

"what do you think now?... Was I wrong at that time?"

Jungkook shook his head sniffling like a kid with the red nose and puffy eyes who was cleaning his running nose with the sleeves of his shit or back of his hand.

"you were right Hyung... I was being ignorant all this time... I am a fool who was blinded in his ego..."

Everyone smiled at the childish behaviour of the maknae.

"...I am sorry everyone... Eva is not here with us... It is only because of me... But I promise I will bring her back and I-"

Jungkook was cut off in the middle of his sentence when Namjoom suddenly spoke.

"what do you mean I... We will bring her back"

Jungkook stared one by one at everyone and they were smiling at him except Tae who stood there with his poker face and scoffed.

"really and how are you going to do it... All her social media accounts... her ids... her contact numbers... everything is deactivated... No one knows her on-paper identity..."

"... All we know is her name that to nickname... How are you going to find her?... Can you please enlighten me... Because I am damm curious", Tae commented in cold yet harsh tone. His deep voice sounded deeper giving a chill to the younger.

But Jungkook maintained his composure and stood up confidently, "I am definitely going to bring her back... No matter what it takes!"

Jungkook went in his room leaving everyone in the living room and sat on his desk.
_____
To Be Continued...