Chapter 23 - The Bond

(A/n: play the audio on loop)

-----
The contract clearly stated that
'you could not back out in future after signing, if you do so you will be given two options either pay for all the loss that the company was going to face because of you or leave the company in very instant'.

You were confident about yourself that you won't back out so you won't have to do any of them but still, this contract made you more determined to not quit.
-----

You were sitting at the couch in the living room with Tzuyu. One week had passed since you signed the contract and you still haven't told Tzuyu about it.

In all those months you spend with Tzuyu, you both became close but her being an army sometimes do things that remind you of your old self, BTS and espeacially Jungkook.

You both were watching a movie and you decided to tell her about the proposal. You sat their nervously, biting your lip thinking about how was she going to react.

Gathering all the courage you finally spoke, "Ummm... Tzuyu... ". She only hummed in response with her eyes still glued on the television screen and her hand constantly plopping a popcorn in her mouth.

You sighed and again called to get her attention. The only person you are soft with, "Tzuyuuu!".

"hmmm... Speak up... I am listening", she said without looking at you. You decided to tell her like that only, thinking it would be better to not make eye contact because it will make you more nervous; like you were going to confess your love for her.

You took a deep breath before speaking, " Boss had offered me a promotion... But I would get it only if I become part of the coming world based project-".

She cuts you off in the middle and nonchalantly said, "what's the problem?... Accept it... It's just a project anyways".

"No... I am not done yet... After this project is finished... I will have to leave this branch and shift to another one as head video director... ", she looked at you with hurt eyes not wanting you to continue.

"...I may... never... come back to this branch again", you hesitantly finished.

"are you serious?... and you accepted the offer?", she almost yelled at you with disbelief evident on her face. You only nodded and looked down at your hands on your laps instead of her face which was screaming anger.

"How could you?... When did this happen?... Why didn't I knew about this?... Why?!", Tzuyu furiously yelled until you interrupted her.

"YAH!!! CALM DOWN!!! it is a good opportunity for me... It's once in a while chance... So I grabbed it and signed the contract last week when the boss called me alone remember", you said.

Tzuyu thought for a moment and nodded her head, remembering the time you were talking about. She sighed and turned her face towards the TV.

"Y/n... Are you seriously going to leave me?... I don't want The Bond between us to break... I don't want to again adjust with someone else...", she said with tears filling her eyes and looked back at you.

"when are you going?", she asked in a low voice almost like a whisper. But there was one thing in all this that you didn't understand.

The Bond

That she was talking about you were close as compared to others but you never thought that she was attached to you to the point that she would cry.

Even though you were rude to her she still wanted you by her side. She was getting attached to you and you felt overwhelmed with emotions.

And this was what you wanted to stay away from. You didn't want to feel anything. And you knew that you were getting attached to Tzuyu as well.

You were starting to trust her. You were developing a weak spot for her that's why you wanted to go away from her. You wanted to escape from all those unwanted emotions.

But you didn't know she would be this much affected just by the news of your departure. You didn't know she would ask you these questions. And this was making you weak for her.

You were scared that you would trust her too much and she will leave you all alone again. You were afraid to be betrayed by the one you loved and treasured the most.

She waved a hand in front of your eyes bringing you back to your senses. "3 weeks... After 3 weeks... ", you said lowly.

"Yahhh... Why didn't you tell me earlier?", she yelled standing up on her feet in front of you with tears flowing on cheeks.

You also stood up to comfort her. As you tried to reach out for her but she refused your touch by stepping away. You had your hand frozen in the air when she shook her head feeling betrayed and walked past you towards her room while wiping her tears.

Tzuyu ran into her room leaving you standing in the living room and locked herself inside.

'why does everyone leave me?...'

'Why does everyone I want to stay with just don't stay with me?...'

'Am I that bad?...'

'Why?...'

'I hate you Y/n...'

'I hate you so much...'

'Why can't you just stay?...'

'I don't want to live with someone else... "

'I don't want to work with someone else...'

'don't leave me please'

With all these thoughts running in her head Tzuyu kept crying in her room.

Being alone almost all her life she never got the love of anyone, not even her brother because he was busy with his own life and work in a different country.

Tzuyu knew that you suffere2d a lot in your life just by the look in your eyes but never tried to get it out of you. She knew you were not the one to let people enter your life that easily.

She also knew if she would force you in anything espeacially speaking about your life than you will shut her out of your life as well.

She found you caring for her even if you were always rude. In her perspective, you were among those people who couldn't express love or show it freely.

She felt your caring side even though you rarely showed it and got attached to it. To her it was new, someone caring for her. And the news of you leaving, hit her hard.

She didn't want to be alone. She wanted the elder sister's care and love that you showed her even when you were rude and distant.
-----
To Be Continued