Chapter 1

**Gakupo's POV**

At night after the burial... I stared blankly at the window.

I will never see his beautiful face again... his red-flaired hair... his bright smile... his sweet voice...

...

How come I experienced this kind of thing???

Did I do something to make heaven punish me?...

Why?... Why it's too sudden???...

From that, I can't control my tears...

It's really heavy in feeling but... I can never get all back again...

Then, I just remembered the moon-shaped keychain I saw hanging on Akaito's body and stared at it for a while.

...

"Your Highness... Your dinner is ready...", Rin called me outside the room. One of my servants along with her twin brother Len.

"I'm not in the mood to eat... Please... Leave me alone...", I answered coldly. How can I eat??? How??? I have no such right to be healthy and be fine after what happened to my fiancee...

"Please... Your Highness... We're all worried with your health...", Len said.

"Please... Just this night... Leave me alone...", I answered again.

I wanted to be alone... I wanted to cherish all the good memories he shared with me...

Akaito...

What happened???...

Why?...

Why did you kill your own life???...

Was there someone bothering you from the very beginning???...

Why didn't you open it up with me???...

I don't know that you're shouldering something heavily...

For the whole night... I kept on thinking deeply...

=============================================================================

Tomorrow morning...

"The investigation showed that he really killed himself. He drank a poisonous sake first and hanged himself to the tree, Your Highness.", Kiyoteru said, my trusted general.

"No. I don't believe that...", I answered.

"Your Highness...", he said with shock.

"I know he can't kill himself... There's someone who's behind of this...", I said.

"But Your Highness!", he said.

"How can a person who's very cheerful and very positive in life would kill his life???!!!!!! TELL ME!!!!!", I exclaimed.

They got shock.

"I know him! I know my fiancee above all of you!!!! I KNOW HIM!!!!!!", I continued.

"Please forgive my rudeness, Your Highness...", Kiyoteru bowed his head.

"What happened to the first family?", I asked.

"They're being investigated though... they're still mourning to their lost son...", he answered.

I sighed deeply. I can't face them now... I'm so ashamed of myself! Promising that I'll protect Akaito to the best that I can. I'm the worst!

"Let them alone for now..."

"If you wish then, Your Highness."

...