Chapter 9

"Your Highness! Are you feeling well?", my servant asked me.

"I'm fine. I need to go around the town to see my people's state.", I answered.

"But Your Highness... You're not feeling well... You're running of fever!!!!!", she said worriedly.

"I said I'm fine. I need to do my reponsibility. Bring me my hat."

It's my usual activity to go around the town to see the changes and the people but I always do it at night so no one will recognize me as their King.

"Hohoho~ Looks like we will have a money now.", a man said.

Bandits! They're four in number. I can't believe they're in my kingdom!

The second man brought out his katana and pointed it to me.

"If you don't want to be hurt. Give us your money.", he said.

"Forgive me but I'm just an ordinary man of this kingdom... I'm afraid I can't give you anything.", I answered.

"Whoa! He's brave enough, boss!", the third one said.

All of them laughed.

"Then, if you don't want to give your money willingly, we'll just take it by force!", the second man said.

I slowly brought out my katana and waited for their actions.

The third one swung his katana and luckily I shield it using my scabbard.

"You're too slow!", the fourth one suddenly said and swung his sword.

Tsk! I shield it using my katana. If I was feeling well, I could just finish these four!

All of them laughed again.

"You're no match to us!", the third one said then, he forcefully pushed his katana.

"Hey! Don't forget me!', he fourth one said and pushed his katana more as well.

Aaarrrggghh!!! No morals!

But I just felt a sudden hit at my back.

I knelt down because of that and saw a bunch of blood flowed down.

D*mn!

"If you're not just so thickheaded, we could just spare your life.", the second man said and on the act of swinging his katana.

D*MN!!!!!!! I can't move!

But a strange man came and saved me. I did not able to see his face... but all I can remember is his warm and gentle hands taking care of me.

...

"Who are you?", I saw an image of a person sitting at the corner and I took a few steps.

He pointed his katana to me.

"That's the farthest distance you can go.", he said.

Huh? He saved me then pointed a sword to me?

"I understand.", I just answered and stayed at my position.

"Very well. Now, go back to the bed and take a rest.", he said and put down his sword.

"Will I be able to get a rest if I don't even know who's my savior?", I said.

"No, you don't need. Or are you doubting me?"

"It's not like that. I should show to you my gratitude."

"Then, a simple thanks will be enough."

"Huh? You just want me to say thank you? Don't you want wealth? A land? Do you have a wish in life?", I asked him.

...

...

...

S I L E N C E . . .

"Why?", he asked suddenly. "Are you a king or a lord of a land?", he continued.

I was shocked.

"Maybe?", I just answered.

This man...

"Thank you but... no thanks.", he said. "My wish can't be just given by a king or a lord of a land. I'll just whisper it... to the moon.", he continued.

And the dim light of the moon shone his side... and saw a drop of water fell from his cheek.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up immediately and gasped some air.

"Are you alright, Gakupo?", Kaito suddenly asked.

I panted so hard and coughed.

A dream? Did I just dream?

"Tsk! You're really an idiot! I told you to stop crying! Now, you have a high fever!!!", he said in irritation.

"Kaito... I'm sorry...", I just to him.

"Enough. Just take a rest!", he just said.

"I'm really sorry...", I said again.

"I said it's fine. Sleep now.", he said and gently smiled.

"I had dream.", I said to him and laid down again.

"About what?", he asked immediately.

He touched my forehead.

...

What's that dream again?...

"About what?", he asked again and put the wet towel to my forehead.

"Ah.. I can't remember now.", I just said.

"Pfftt. Okay~ Okay~ Just sleep now.", he gently pat my cheek. "I'll stay here."

I don't know but his hands... they're seem familiar...