A Beautifully Insane Four Letter Word ( Tate Langdon Fanfic )

Hi guys! I wrote this story in 2014 when I was 15 years old. With that being said...the quality of writing in this story is not the greatest. I am going to be editing each chapter of this story soon to improve the quality. Thank you reading! <3
9/28/22

Lily's POV

I watched out the window as we pulled up to the large brick house, that I now have to call home.

"Don't you love it Lily?" my mother smiled as she opened her car door.

"Yeah, sure, it's great" I said as I got out of the car.

"Come on Lily, please just try to like it here" my mom said. I nodded and opened the trunk of the car, I grabbed my suit cases and pulled two of my moms out of the trunk and set them next to mine.

"Thanks dear" she smiled. I ignored her thanks and just looked at how huge the house was.

"Mom how can we afford this? I mean we could barely afford the house back in Florida, even with yours and dad's salary, but he's gone now, and it's just your income" I said.

"This house was extremely cheap dear, and it was 200,000 dollars cheaper than the house back in Florida, but there's a catch" my mom said.

"What do you mean a catch?" I asked.

"Well, people have died in the house" she said.

"What, how did they die?" I asked. No wonder this place is so cheap.

"Well, the last family who lived here died, the father commit suicide, the mother died in child birth, and the older daughter ran away with her mothers baby" my mom said.

"And you're okay with living in a house that part of a family died in?" I asked.

"Honey I'm not thrilled that a family died in the house, but it's not like ghosts exist, don't worry, we'll be fine" she said.

"Whatever you say" I said as I grabbed my suitcases and started walking towards the house. I opened the front door and walked inside, it was huge.

"Don't you think it's beautiful?" my mom said as she walked up next to me.

"Yeah I guess" I said. I set my suitcases down and started walking around. I saw some furniture I recognized, and some I didn't, and it looked pretty expensive too.

"You bought new furniture and didn't tell me?" I said.

"Well some of the furniture was left here, and we didn't have enough furniture to furnish this house" my mom said.

"Are you serious? we have dead peoples furniture in our house" I said. She nodded and I grabbed my bags and went up the stars into my new room. I can't believe we're living in a house a whole family died in. I opened my bedroom door and looked inside, it was pretty big. I saw my furniture had been moved in, all I needed to was finish putting my things away. I grabbed my iPod and put on some music, and grabbed my suitcase and unzipped it.

"You should really listen to some better music" I turned around to see a girl about my age with brown hair.

"Who are you and why are you in my room" I asked. She picked up one of my CD's and looked at it.

"I'm Violet" she said as she extended her hand. I shook her hand and it was freezing.

"Your hand is really cold" I said as I let go. She shrugged her shoulders and set down my CD.

"You know what they say, cold hands warm heart" she smiled as she went back to looking at my music.

"Why are you in my room" I asked.

"This use to be my room" she said as she stopped looking at the CD's and turned around to face me.

"So you lived here before" I asked. she nodded and sat down on my bed.

"I still live here" she said.

"You don't live here, how could you, my mom bought this house" I said. She let out a small chuckle and stood up.

"You have no idea who's house this really is, if you know what's good for you, you'll leave" she said.

"You need to leave Violet, how did you even get in my house anyway" I said. She chuckled again and smiled.

"Do you believe in ghosts" she asked.

"No I don't" I said. She smiled again and walked to my bedroom door.

"Trust me Lily, you will" she said as she walked out of my room. I ran to my door and looked into the hallway and saw she was gone, where did she go and how the hell did she know my name?

"Honey what are you looking at?" I was snapped out of my thoughts to see my mother standing at the end of the hallway.

"Oh, um nothing" I said as I walked back into my room. I started putting things away and I finally finished. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom talking to an older looking lady. She looked over at me and smiled.

"You must be Lily, hi I'm Constance your neighbor" she smiled.

"It's nice to meet you" I said as I shook her hand. She turned back to mother and they started talking again. I turned around and walked outside. I sat down on my front steps and pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it.

"You know that's really bad for you" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over to see a guy around my age with blonde hair.

"I could care less" I said as I continued smoking. He smiled and sat down beside me.

"Hi I'm Tate, I'm dead, wanna hook up" he said. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just chuckled.

"You look pretty alive to me, and no thanks" I said. He smiled at me and grabbed the cigarette out of my hand and took a puff of it.

"You know I never understood what the point of smoking is" he said as he dropped the cigarette and stepped on it.

"Why are you here?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I wanted to meet you" he smiled. I smiled back. Then I remembered that Violet girl, maybe he knows her.

"Hey do know a girl named Violet?" I asked. His smiled faded and he looked sad.

"Yeah, she use to be my girlfriend but we don't talk anymore" he said.

"Oh" I said. He stood up and extended his hand to help me up, I took it and he helped me up.

"I'll see you around Lily" he smiled. I heard the front door open and I turned around to see my mom.

"Please come inside dear" she said.

"I'll be there in a minute and hey Tate how did you know my na- " I turned back around and Tate was gone.

**************

Thanks for reading! please comment what you think!

Vote!!

<3 Emily