Eventually But Not Yet

Zuko's POV 

Seriously? Katara wants me to hang out with Sokka? I'm not asking her to bond with my family. Sure, she actually likes her family but I have no clue what to say to the guy. We both know how to use a sword isn't much of a start, plus they're completely different styles. I've seen him in class and he is good, I'll give him that. Hopefully, I can buy some time before I actually have to ask him.

"Oh Zuzu, you move quick." Azula said while I was getting ready for another shift at Uncle's. "You waited, what? Two days? Not only that, but the water tribe girl? You should thank me if you think about it."

"Oh please, I'm not going to thank you You had nothing to do with it." I responded not turning around.

"We both know she's too smart for you. There is no way you did this by yourself." Azula countered and laughed as she sat on my bed. "But you also know it won't last for long either." I turned around and glared at her. She simply smirked. I hate how she knows how to get under my skin. 

"As always you have no idea what you're talking about. Now get out." I snapped as I opened the door and there stood Katara looking as if she was about to knock. When I saw the shocked look on her face, automatically, it put a smile on mine. Only that disappeared the moment Azula opened her mouth.

"Well, that was interesting." She spoke, ruining it. Katara rolled her eyes as she stepped into my room and grabbed my hand. Azula stood up, looking at our linked hands.

"Hello, Azula." Katara said curtly. The last time they saw each other Azula was shooting lightning at her. I knew they were going to run into each other eventually, but I wanted her to have a heads up. Katara was squeezing my hand, so I could tell she was holding back. Azula just nodded before she spoke.

"Who knew my brother had such an interesting taste. At least Mai held some status. I think we all know what you're good for." She provoked her. I moved Katara behind me before she tackled Azula.

"Enough. Now get out." I said to Azula, who sent another smirk in Katara's direction before walking out.

"That witch! I swear one of these days I will get her back or karma will bite her in the ass." Katara started ranting as soon as the door closed. "Who does she think is?! My father may not be some big-time business guy or whatever but he does a lot of good. He is a cop and a damn good at that!"

"He is?" I interrupted her.

"Yeah he is. I guess I haven't told you much about my family." She said with a sigh and plopped down on my bed. 

"I would love to learn more about them. It might be nice to know what a normal family is like." I said with a smile and sat beside her.

"I would hardly call us normal. You've met Sokka." She said and we both laughed. Katara reached out and intertwined our fingers. We sat there in silence but it wasn't uncomfortable. instead, I felt at peace and hated that I needed to leave. 

"Why don't we meet for dinner? I have the day shift at the Jasmine Dragon so I should be done by then." I told her, standing up and pulling her into my arms.

"That sounds great!" She exclaimed, with a sparkle in her eye.

"I have an idea. Be ready by 5 and you don't have to dress that fancy." I said.

"You're not going to tell me where we going, are you?" She asked with a sigh.

"Nope." I answered with a smile. She punched my should but the small pout on her face was worth it. I laughed before giving her a simple kiss on the cheek. I wanted to do much more but that was going to have to be it. For now.

Kinda a filler but it leads to something great, trust me! Shout out to @anarcavazos who I think liked almost every chapter in one day! I really appreciate it!

Let me know what you think or what you wanna see in the comments. Hitting that star would also be great.

Don't forget to smile at least once a day :)