I'm Back

Shinju's P.O.V

It was late afternoon, White Fang and I were strolling around casually around the borders of the Land of Fire. Randomly White Fang brought up a subject I've avoided for so long.

"Shinju. I think it's time for you to go back."

"You think so?" I said passively, trying to dodge the subject.

"Yeah, it's been a while. Besides you've finished early and we have to wait for another hawk for another week or so." White Fang reasoned.

"As much as I want to go back to Konoha I still need to find the masked man White Fang." I didn't want to return. Ever since my departure I never set foot in Konoha for two years. I was afraid of their reactions. Tsunade, Dad and everyone else. Another reason was Sasuke. It hurt so much to lose a friend.

"You are going to Konoha, and that is final!" Without having the time to protest, White Fang transported us back to Konoha without saying another word. In a blink of an eye, I found myself at the entrance of the Hokage's office. I felt White Fang's snout pushing me through the door.

"Go." I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in." An exasperated voice answered. I opened the door and kneeled down in respect.

"I am almost finished with my list. White Fang insisted on me to drop by." Tsunade got up and walked towards me. She punched the ground creating a dent and crouched down to my level. She opened her arms and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you." I felt my body shaking and a sob coming up my throat. I hugged her in return and my ANBU mask dropping in the process. White Fang's snout nuzzled my hand as I embraced him in our hug.

"Why didn't you come and drop by now and then?" Tsunade looked at me in the eyes.

"I was scared of you being furious with me not coming by." Tears threatened to spill.

"I was never angry. I was scared you would never come back." Tsunade wiped the tears away.

"It's thanks to White Fang who teleported me here." I looked back to my companion.

"Good boy! White Fang!" He yelped in victory. "Your Father is on the training ground three. I suppose you don't want to go there."

"No, I have to go soon, I need to go. I'm going to find Sasuke's whereabouts and report to you. We haven't had a word from him despite the Uchiha being marked rogue. I can sense he can be a threat to the village."

Tsunade sighed. "You'll never change, will you?" I looked away. "Do whatever you want. I agree, it would be useful if you could be sent as a spy to find out what's in the Uchiha's head." We both got up, Tsunade got back and sat on the chair.

"Your father is going training team 7 or now as known team Kakashi, I have better check on the progress they made. Kakashi may not return until dawn. I suggest you go home and freshen up a little."

I got up and bid goodbye to Tsunade-sama and went to my apartment. I barged into my room and found it extremely dusty. I changed into my dirty ANBU clothes and got out a new one. I cleaned up the dusted the room. White fang sneezed, making me laugh.

"Very funny Shinju." He said dryly.

"Admit it, it was funny!" He looked away and went to a corner to sulk with his ears drooped. I shook my head in dismay and continued cleaning. After an hour of cleaning, I spotted my violin. I decided to play something that would define me and White Fang and me.