Reunion

Kakashi's P.O.V

In the end, we finally got the Kazekage back. Suna's and Konoha's ties were secured thanks to Naruto. I ended up over using the Sharingan because of the Kamui, which I haven't used in a long time. Because of my condition Guy had to carry me back to Konoha. Which humiliated the wits out of me. I was hospitalized and in bed for days.

While I was recovering I learned that Tenzo, my former teammate of Team Ro was replacing my team. What a coincidence. I heard my door slide, and came out my daughter and White Fang.

"Hey..." Shinju said weakly. "I only came back because you were in the hospital. I've haven't slept for days, constantly on my guard. I haven't even determined Sasuke's location." Shinju scanned my body over and over. "My guess is that you overused your Sharingan, considering the condition of your body." She walked feebly with her eyes half closed. She grabbed a chair and sat beside me, falling asleep. White Fang whimpered and slept besides her. If only I had the strength to get up and hug her. She looked so adorable.

An hour later the Doctor came to check on me and was surprised an unexpected guest came by. He was about to wake her but I shooed him away. He left the room and turned off the lights, making me fall asleep as well. Morning came and I saw Shinju still sleeping. White Fang nuzzled my hand "Good morning Kakashi-san."

"Good morning White Fang. She finally finished her long-term mission?"

"Yes, some of them were a challenge but she fought them all off. She became stronger, and developed the eyes of a manslayer."

My eyes widened. "No, it can't be." It wasn't possible.

"I'm sorry Kakashi. I tried to stop her but I couldn't. Sometimes we would go find traces of the murderer who killed her mother . None of the expeditions were successful." I sighed, I knew this day would come. We heard Shinju stir a little. She opened her eyes, and stood up.

"Good morning Dad," She yawned. "I haven't had a good rest like this in a while."

"Good." I smiled at her.

"You were being reckless again Dad. You should be careful next time." Shinju lectured me.

"I know, I know."

She smiled at me "As much as I want to stay with you Dad, I have to go to the Hokage's office. Tsunade asked for my audience. See you!" She flashed away, and White Fang trailing behind.

Shinju's P.O.V

I entered the Hokage's office, for the first time without my ANBU clothes, but with the clothes I wore back when I was in the Land of Waves. "Tsunade-sama, you have asked for my audience?"

Tsunade sighed. "Still as formal as ever eh Shinju?" I ignored Tsunade's complaint. After a few seconds of silence, she spoke once again. "I want you to join Unit Kakashi. They are investigating Orochimaru's hideout and are trying to find Sasuke. Perhaps it could help you on your research. This mission might as well drop some weight from your turmoil." My eye widened and my fist clenched.

"I'm not your godmother for nothing. I've known you long enough." I nodded and left the office. I headed to the gates, Kotetsu and Izumo didn't recognize me and got into their defensive stance. "Hold it right there!" Izumo yelled.

"Aww. How come my two favorite ninjas no longer recognize me?" Kotetsu being the pervert he blushed.

"H-Hold it r-right there ...Pretty lady..." He stuttered.

"Man Kotetsu, you can't handle me anymore? I'm flattered." I said deadpanned.

"Who are you?!" Izumo tried not to blush.