Why?

Shinju's P.O.V

I still couldn't forgive Sasuke. He left the village without a word. I lost a best friend, and he impacted the whole village because of his revenge.

I needed to get out of here and fast, I knew Dad was worried. Sasuke was sleeping peacefully. Now's my chance! I thought hopefully. I tried to move, making rattling sound. Before I knew it blood red eyes shot up and I was pinned to the ground. "Don't even think about escaping Hatake!" Sasuke hissed.

"Get off me..." I said in a calm tone, this position was very awkward.

"Why are you like this?" He asked in a softer tone. "Like what?" I asked innocently, I knew where this was going at. "Why are you so calm and yet, so cold?"

"I've been like this for my whole life. Get to the point Uchiha." He sighed deeply. "You used to be so carefree around me. Why are you acting so distant all of a sudden?" My eyes darkened and flipped him over. "Why do you care all of a sudden?" I asked confused. "Who, in all the people leave their best friend, to acquire power? You hurt me Sasuke! You have no idea!"

He flipped me over once again. "Then I'm sorry, but my revenge comes first! I will never forgive Konoha for pressuring my brother into this mess! Into annihilating my clan!" My eyes widened, Uchiha Sasuke, collaborated with my enemy and wanted to destroy Konoha. "If one glass window gets shattered the minute you step into the village, consider your neck getting slashed by me." I threatened.

"We'll see about that Hatake." Sasuke smirked, signing his death wish. "I only want to make amends with you. That's it."

"Why me? Why don't you want to make amends with Sakura or Naruto? They'll be more than happy to do so." Sasuke looked away. "Because you stand out of all of them."

"This doesn't make sense Sasuke." I shook my head in dismay.

"Do you remember our first real mission with team 7 in the Land of Waves? You pinned me to the ground, and we both scrambled away when your father approached us?" Sasuke started to drag nostalgic memories.

"Yes." I answered shortly. "Although I don't know where you're going." I looked at him suspiciously.

"This time I was the one who pinned you. You could say I'm becoming stronger than you." Sasuke taunted.

"Talk to the hand Uchiha, talk to the hand." I said, not wanting to reform a bond with him. I was afraid I was going to be harmed by him again. It was a horrible feeling, I didn't want it to sink any further.

"We should go to sleep," Sasuke carried me to the bed, with my hands still tied up. I looked at him deadpanned.

"Is it really necessary for the chains to remain on my wrists?" Sasuke looked at me dead in the eyes. "I don't want you to escape."

"Hn," I only said.

Sasuke's P.O.V

"Hn," Shinju replied. Who knew she could speak Uchiha, interesting. Shinju closed her eyes as I stared at her. I didn't want to go back to sleep. I couldn't let my guard down, knowing she would escape at any moment. I stared through the window, with the moonlight reflecting her white hair and her fair face. Morning arrive a few hours later. Shinju slowly woke up, with her eyes fluttering by the morning sun.

"Morning. Finally awake?" I looked at her bed head. Shinju pouted. "Sasuke," I looked at her. "My hair is a mess, do you mind untying me for me to tame the bird's nest?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nice try Shinju, but a simple trick like this won't fool me." She propped herself up. "Says the one who fell for a simple clone trick." A wave of memory flashed before my eyes. It was the time when she was at the bar and we were playing a game of chase. I clicked my tongue in annoyance. "It won't happen again."

"Don't jinx it Uchiha." Shinju mumbled. "Do you want me to brush your hair or not?" I took out a brush, holding it in front of her menacingly.

"There is no way I am going to let you brush my-ow!" The brush touched her hair and she moved abruptly. "If you would stop moving, then perhaps the brush won't pull as much!" I scolded her. Shinju relaxed a little as I brushed through her silky hair.

"I'm surprised at how delicate you can be when it comes to the hair, and yet be so brutal when it comes to fighting someone." I yanked the brush harshly making her yelp in pain. "Ouch! What was that for!" Shinju leaned back, glaring at me. "If you would also shut your mouth it would help as well."

Silence loomed over the small room. Shinju broke the silence. "How are you so good at this? I didn't know you could brush, or take care of long hair."

"I'm a man with many surprises. I used to braid and mess around with my mother's hair. I always knew how to be gentle." I looked away, as the painful memories started to come again.

"Don't flatter yourself Uchiha." Shinju's smiled faltered, as she saw my expression for a second. I changed my attitude once again. "Anyway, we better get going, we're expected somewhere and we have a long day ahead of us."

"As expected from the great and powerful Uchiha." I tugged her hair once more. "Hey-Ouch! Gentle with the hair!"

"If you would hold your tongue, then maybe I will." Shinju pouted and we left the room. Team Taka was already waiting for us in the lobby. I was greeted by Karin clinging to me once again but let go when Shinju appeared. Today would be a better day, as I had Shinju by my side and I could finally stitch up what I've lost.

I carried Shinju on my back as we all jumped, tree by tree. It was dawn as we arrived to Tobi's headquarters. Shinju glared at me once she saw Tobi. Did she know him?

"Ah, Shinju Hatake pleasure meeting you here!" Tobi spread his arms to welcome her to his domain. Shinju tensed and glared at him. "The pleasure is all mine." She seethed, and turned to me. "What's all this?"

"You've joined team Taka the minute we captured you," I said monotonously. "Tobi Uchiha is joining us and is our ally."

"Tobi will become my ally when hell freezes over!" I flinched at her tone. "Have you crossed paths before?" I turned to her.

"He killed my mother." Shinju said coldly. "I thought you knew! What happened before, it was to lure me in your team and turn me against my own village wasn't it?" She asked enraged. "I fell for your trap once again Uchiha!" Shinju inhaled and howled.

A wolf appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Shinju. Before I had the time to react the cursed wolf already teleported away. "I lost her again!" I clenched my fists. My plan for Shinju to join our team has failed, as well as patching up things with her. Karin smiled and clinged to me once more.

Shinju's P.O.V

In a blink of an eye, I found myself back in Konoha with White Fang besides me. "Took you long enough." He said gruffly.

"I was catching up with the enemy. I wanted to collect as much data as possible about him. I now know his motive, he's planning to destroy Konoha. Could you send this to Tsunade?" White Fang nodded curtly and left.

I looked up and smiled grimly. You hurt me once again Sasuke. Why? Why did you mess up with my feelings again? Why?