Shattered Sanity

Kakashi's P.O.V

I was worried about the team's well-being. The departure of Sasuke has heavily affected everyone. We soon allocated Sakura's location but saw no sign of Rock Lee or Kiba Inuzaka. I looked at Shinju worriedly as she pointed to where Sasuke was.

I couldn't believe it, Sasuke killed Danzo Shimura in one blow, his teammate was on the verge of death. He didn't have one sentimental thought of the maiden. My eyes followed Sakura who walked towards the broken Uchiha. Sakura stared at Sasuke and demanded him for her to join his team.

Sasuke refused, as Sakura gripped her kunai tightly. Was she this naïve? Sasuke would've noticed her cheap trick. Sasuke slowly approached her and formed a Chidori. Not wanting to see the conversation go any further, I jumped out and blocked his attack.

"How far have you fallen, Sasuke?!" I glared at him. Mid-air, Sasuke attempted to make me trip. I dodged his attack as we both separated to our respective sides. I threw a kunai along with a wired rope and capturing him, only to find out it was a clone.

"Sakura, you planned to kill Sasuke on your own, didn't you?" I looked at Sakura who was dumbstruck. "I was Team 7's leader, so I hold resentment towards myself for the team's falling out." I glared at Sasuke. "Sasuke, I don't like repeating myself. However, I'll say this one last time. Don't be consumed by your revenge!"

Sasuke's eye was bleeding from using the Mangekyou Sharingan, he spoke. "Itachi, my father, my mother. Even my clan! Bring them back to me!" This boy lost his mind! He's obsessing over his family, he isn't accepting the reality yet. "I don't want to kill you."

"You speak as if you could." Sasuke tilted his head manically. "I'm itching to kill you, Kakashi." I gave him my last warning. I had no choice. "Sakura, take the maiden and get away from here." I smiled at Sakura reassuringly. "I'll bear the weight of your resolve." I took out my cape swiftly and lifted my headband revealing my Sharingan.

"The Sharingan is proof that one is an Uchiha." Sasuke lunged at me. Sasuke touched the summoning scroll from his wrist and a whizz shuriken headed towards me. I narrowed my eyes. "Doton: Doryuuheki!" I blocked his attack. He appeared behind me and formed a Chidori midair, before destroying my blockade. I rolled to the ground escaping the Uchiha's attack once again.

I found myself in the river stepping back from the rogue. Sasuke glared at me. "I'll show you the difference between our Sharingan!" He closed his eyes, revealing the Mangekyou Sharingan. If he overused the Sharingan, he would become blind! A purple Susanoo started to form. The Susanoo aimed his bow at me. I glared at the bow and sent it to another dimension. "It's fast," I stated breathlessly among the mist.

"You should be grateful to the Uchiha for giving you such power!" I looked at the Susanoo in disbelief. How much power did he gain over the months? "Your laughter sounds like scorn and disdain to me now!"

Sasuke tensed up in pain. It must've been his eyes! Only Sasuke and I possess the Sharingan, if he keeps on overusing it, he'll become blind! The Susanoo dismantled within seconds, revealing Sasuke covering his eyes in pain.

At the corner of my eye, I could see Sakura running down. What was she doing?! She held the kunai behind Sasuke. Before I could react, he gripped her neck and took her kunai. "Sakura!" I exclaimed. I ran to her, "Don't do it Sasuke!" with my legs feeling like Jell-O. "Crap! I'm always like this after using the Mangekyou Sharingan!"

Before he had the time to strike her, Naruto caught her in time. It was the perfect timing for me to attack Sasuke. I dodge his kunai, as we fought our way up to the bridge. I found myself up a tree as we both dove back down.

"Oi! Dad!" My eyes widened as I recognized the familiar voice. A flash of white hair dove before us. Shinju looked at me disapprovingly. She cupped her hands around her mouth; "What's the point of climbing all the way up that bridge and diving back down?"

"Not a good timing Shinju!" I replied mid-air. I landed to our respective sides, blocking Naruto as he formed a clone in front of Sakura. "This is my duty!" I declared. Sasuke formed a Chidori once again while I did the same. The clone caught me off guard as the original Naruto formed a Rasengan and charged forwards.

"Finally, an opening! I won't hold back!" I looked at Shinju standing back emotionlessly. Their jutsu both collided, with each other. The water exploded at the cause of the impact. I managed to get out of the grip's clone and carried Naruto who was flying mid-air.

"Sasuke," Shinju glared at him. "My turn now," she gritted her teeth. Without having the time to react they both collided. Sasuke, weakened by the two previous duels tiredly dodged her hits. Trying to reconstruct the Susanoo, he covered his eyes screaming in agony.

Shinju's P.O.V

"You idiot!" I said, attempting to punch him. "You f*cking idiot!" Sasuke looked at me angrily. "Why won't you come and accept the reality that your clan is dead!" The rogue ninja screamed in outrage and lunged at me. "I need to avenge Itachi and the Uchiha clan! You and your Sharingan belongs to me! Your Sharingan is just a fake!"

"When will you realize that there is more to the family! More to blood! There is a time for Nature and Nurture damn it!" I cried. I was about to make the final blow until someone stopped me. It wasn't "Tobi".