The chase

Shinju's P.O.V

The plan was simple. If I howled, Grey would hear me and alert the village. White Fang would then track me with his nose. Simple as that. I headed to a bar in a small village. Hopefully, his team lost my trace. I went to the bathroom and changed into a crop top, leather jeans, spiked leather jacket. Finally, I wore heeled boots.

I left the bar with my stuff all sealed in my sealing scroll. Of course, Dad would never let me wear this outfit but hey, sometimes girls got to live. I strolled around the village earning stares from everyone. Was my outfit too revealing? Or was it the sword hanging on my hip? I shrugged and went to another bar.

Sasuke's P.O.V

Karin sensed her chakra, she was heading towards a village where Jugo resides. We headed towards the streets and I saw everyone in a daze. What happened?

"Over there. She's at the Chug'n Drunk bar." Karin read out the sign. We entered the bar and Shinju in a completely different outfit. She was wearing an edgy outfit and at the counter with the music blasting. Her back was arched showing her figure and emphasizing her butt and breast. Karin scoffed in jealousy. Who knew Shinju was so...attractive.

"Hatake." I slipped on the counter chair. She sipped on her sake looking out of the blue. Wasn't she a little young for sake?

"Uchiha." That made me smirk and side glance at her.

"Karin, Suigetsu I suggest you get a head start on finding Jugo, I've got something to finish."

"But, Sasuke..." Karin started to complain but Suigetsu dragged her out of the bar.

"Hatake. I want to know why you are spying on me." She turned around to me and covered my eyes. I tensed at her touch. She let go after a few minutes. I opened my eyes, only to see wood and money on the counter. A clone! I yelled in frustration.

"SHINJU!"

Shinju's P.O.V

He will never let me go, now will he? Can't he let me breathe for a second? Nope, this little curious boy wants answers. He sat next to me. I closed his eyes, and replaced myself with a clone. I snuck behind the clone and left the bar, running out of the village. I felt my clone disperse and gave me it's information. I couldn't believe Sasuke would fall for a silly trick like this!

I put my cloak over my head and left. I've collected enough information from Sasuke, I think it's time for me to return to Konoha. A few hours later I arrived at the gates, pulling my cloak off. "Yo! How's it going?"

"Shinju. What is up with the new outfit?" Kotetsu looked at me.

"Reasons. My Dad's going to kill me once he sees me in this. Speaking of which, where is he?"

"He's on a mission for Itachi's pursuit." I nodded and bid them goodbye. An ANBU crossed my way. "Danzo-sama wants to have a word with you."

I went to his headquarters. "Danzo-sama, you asked for my audience?"

"Yes, I want you to annihilate Sasuke." Danzo looked at me in the eyes. Why would I annihilate Uchiha Sasuke? Why was I hesitating? Usually I would accept it without saying a word! Sasuke betrayed the village, it was my duty to serve and protect Konoha, so why was I hesitating?

My eyes widened a fraction. "If I refuse?" I asked boldly.

"I'll take away your Sharingan." Danzo came up with a feeble threat.

"Danzo, I'm no longer under your rules. I would appreciate if you would avoid me. You have no right to threaten me either." I left the headquarters and reported to Tsunade-sama. "Tsunade-sama. My report is finished." I handed her a neat report about Sasuke.

"Thank you, dear."

"About Danzo, he asked me to annihilate Sasuke. I refused, he threatened me."

"I'll have a word with him. No worries. Now rest, you deserve it. Your wolves are on the training grounds waiting for you." I bowed down in respect and headed to the training grounds and saw White Fang walk up to me.

"Sorry I took so long. I made Sasuke chase me around..."

"Remind me why I'm with you again?" Asked Grey exasperatedly.

"You love us!" White Fang jumped on him.

"Do I?" Grey looked away. I put up a pout. "...I barely know you."

A few days have passed, and I was bored out of my mind. "Tsunade?"

"Yes, Shinju?"

"May I join the eight-man squad in Itachi's pursuit?" I asked. I didn't want to set another minute in Konoha. There was nothing to do!

"I can't see why not. How are you going to track them down?"

"White Fang has the nose." White Fang stood up proudly. I smiled at him. "Go."

My wolves and I flashed towards the direction of the eight-man squad. I saw them fighting a masked man. Naruto kept on throwing Rasengans everywhere. Something snapped inside me, a beast, unleashing its host. My eyes were back into a manslayer's eyes.

"Move Naruto, this battle is mine," I said unsheathing my sword. "It's between you and me, masked man."

"Hatake. It's been a while. I haven't seen you for 16 years." The mysterious man said monotonously.

"I've been waiting for 11 years. I finally see you face to face." I smirked, hate burning in my eyes.

Kakashi's P.O.V

The eight-man squad bumped into the masked man. My eyes darkened seeing the sight of that man. "You. You're the one who killed Yuki." I narrowed my eyes, getting into my defensive stance.

"It's correct." The man said calmly.

"Why?" I spat in disgusted.

"You have done the same thing to me Hatake. It was only normal for me to return the favor." I've done the same thing to him? What? This wasn't making any sense. The victims I've assassinated were mostly men.

I sensed Shinju's chakra coming. Naruto was throwing Rasengans at him then Shinju appeared with her eyes bloodthirsty for revenge. Her psychological personality immediately changed. This was no longer Shinju Hatake. This was the Death Shadow.

"Move Naruto, this battle is mine." She said coldly while unsheathing her sword. "It's between you and me, masked man."

"Hatake. It's been a while. I haven't seen you for 16 years."

"I've been waiting for 11 years. I finally see you face to face." The moment she's been waiting for has finally arrived. They clashed each other. Performing spectacular jutsus making us taking cover. She mostly performed lightning jutsus. "The Chidori you produce is making me sick." He said tauntingly.

"Shut up." She growled. They clashed once again.

"You are still weak." He said tauntingly.

"Not from the other's eyes." She uncovered her eye to copy his moves. I felt a spark of pride in my chest. Shinju is a replica of me. He 'tsked' in disgust.

"If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have had the Sharingan." What? Could he be? No! Obito was dead unless he survived the boulder crushing. No, I couldn't admit it. He wouldn't have done that, he wouldn't have assassinated Yuki. I couldn't accept it.

"Unfortunately, our duel must end now. Sasuke needs medical attention." He teleported himself out of the forest.

"DAMN IT!!!!!" Shinju cursed.

Naruto's P.O.V

What was that? The battle was very intense, and the atmosphere was tense, metal was against metal. When the masked man left to get Sasuke we didn't waste any time on following him. We saw a building exploding, and a clan symbol. Akamaru scented him but stopped when we got on the boulder with the Uchiha sign. Akamaru whimpered.

"Uchiha Itachi is dead," Kiba announced. A trail of gasps echoed.

"He reached his goal. Now what?" Shinju asked.

"I don't know Shinju," I said solemnly. "We missed him again." All of our heads were down as the rain poured down harshly.