4 | Kick in the eye

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛ 

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛ 

❝Practice makes perfect.❞

"Oh, how I love to duel." Isabelle sighed, thinking back to Hogwarts' duels as she watched Caspian and Edmund's duel. Although, the duels in Defence Against the Dark Arts classes were a bit different. A little.

"We know," Caspian exclaimed, and they walked up to the girl after they finished. The king learned a lot about her school and the things there, for example, the subjects, the history of the school, the founders. He had many questions, and she was always happy to answer them. She had mentioned him once that she always believed that the Pevensies might have been the founders of Hogwarts. It made sense to her. Peter as Godric Gryffindor, Lucy as Helga Hufflepuff, Susan as Rowena Ravenclaw, Edmund as Salazar Slytherin.

"You?" Edmund laughed, not believing the fact that Isabelle loved duelling.

"Problem, Maddy?" she put her hands on her hips.

It had been a couple of days since their arrival, and Lucy and Isabelle soon found the common point, but with Edmund, she hadn't really got on well. If he had the chance, he teased her, and she returned it because she wasn't that type who easily let it go. After she called him 'Eddie' once, she noticed how it pissed him off, so she started calling him anything that rhymes with Eddie. On the other hand, their cousin didn't venture out, so Isabelle hadn't met him yet, but she didn't intend to bother him because she was aware of his personality. Although, it was in her mind all the time that he will turn into a dragon, and she often found herself trying not to say it out loud and warn the others.

Well, draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.

"Don't call me that." Edmund grimaced. "I think you know this, but you are kind of clumsy, at least that is how I have noticed. It is just that I don't think you could do well in a duel," he shrugged.

Caspian held his breath back as he said this, and he bit into his lip, trying to hold back a laugh. He knew that the comment would make Isabelle want to fight him.

"Is that a challenge?" Isabelle raised her eyebrows.

Caspian slapped his forehead and sighed. He predicted it correctly. The girl wanted to fight.

"When?" Edmund asked back with a sly smile on his face, with a smile Isabelle would have volunteered happily to wipe off.

"Oh, believe me, you don't want to do this," Caspian looked at Edmund who just chuckled confidently.

"Now is okay since you've been warmed up." Isabelle smiled and took out Caspian's sword from his hand.

Edmund went back to where he walked away from and waited for the girl, who started cracking her bones dramatically to get ready while the crew surrounded the pair.