18 | Fight

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝When there's smoke, there's fire.❞

"No matter what happens here, every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader. Together we have travelled far. Together we have faced adversity. Together we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall to fear's temptations. Be strong. Never give in. Our world, our Narnian lives, depend on it. Think of the lost souls we're here to save. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia." Isabelle heard Caspian's speech as she wandered out to the deck.

She spent the rest of the night in Lucy's room, while she was trying to comfort the broken girl. She spotted how upset the witch was, but she didn't say a thing, and Isabelle was thankful for that. All she needed was her presence, and it was definitely helpful. So they just sat on the ground, their backs leaning against the side of the bed, and Lucy had her hand on Isabelle's knee, slowly circling on it with her finger. And when the sun was about to reach the surface, to Lucy's surprise, Isabelle opened her mouth and told her everything about her life, more exactly, her family. Thanks to that, the Valiant Queen finally understood her sorrow.

"For Narnia!" the Narnians shouted and cheered.

Isabelle noticed Edmund standing and looking at Caspian with pride. A faint smile crept across her face. It was there until the boy caught sight of her figure. She immediately turned around and made her way to the forecastle. He pressed his lips into a thin line in frustration, receiving the unsaid message, and didn't try to approach her.

A part of Isabelle wanted to be with Edmund so bad, but the other part knew that they had no future. That other part wanted to save them both from an excruciating heartbreak. Because they would have eventually left and never seen each other again. She was sure she wasn't the only one with love, the previous night made her believe the boy too felt something more.

Edmund, on the other hand, didn't take it too well. He was desiring to be with his princess. He spent his life without feeling anything close to the love he felt towards Isabelle, and when he finally did feel something, it was hopeless. He also knew that the ship the two were sailing on was sinking.

No words were spoken as the ship entered the dark island full of green mist. Narnians fell into silence, waiting for something, but as a matter of fact, nobody knew what for.

"Belly! Belly! It's all your fault," someone whispered from behind the witch.

Isabelle bit her lips as she tried to exclude the whispers coming from the mist. She closed her eyes, not that she needed to open them to recognise the voice coming from the mist. It was her sister's. She used to call her 'Belly' all the time.

"You push and you push and I'm pulling away, pulling away from you, I give and I give and I give and you take, give and you take," Isabelle sang quietly to herself, trying to keep herself calm.