25 | Fate

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝Many are called but few are chosen.❞

The pain was no more present. But Isabelle couldn't move her body. She felt like a statue. Minutes had passed after the young woman was able to stir her little finger, and her veins were quaintly fizzling. The sensation felt like a rebirth to her.

"Child," a warm voice welcomed her and actuated a sally inside her body, and she finally opened her eyes due to that.

Isabelle's vision wasn't the clearest, it was like waking up at an early hour. However, the figure standing beside her lying body seemed very much familiar to her. "Aslan?" she breathed.

Slowly, her vision entirely cleared. A mild smile was on the mighty lion's face as he watched her get up. "Welcome to my world, Isabelle."

Isabelle studied her surrounding as soon as her feet were stable on the land. At least as stable as they could be since the word is about Isabelle 'Clumsy' Karkaroff. The landscape revealed a simple-looking village. As far as the eye could see, more and more houses were standing side by side. Isabelle couldn't search for the end of the mysterious land with her eyes, because there wasn't one. Everything was peaceful, some people were walking in the streets, talking, laughing. Everything was bright and serene to her.

After observing the world around her, the young woman thought about the last thing she could remember. She winced as the approaching train and the panic-struck little girl appeared in her mind. "Did I die?" she exhaled when she realised that she was the one who got in the way of the vehicle.

"Yes, dear one," Aslan acknowledged. "You died in no time after the accident."

A hint of worry appeared on her face. "The little girl, is she okay?"

He nodded, which made Isabelle feel a little relief. "You saved her life," he responded.

A shy smile was revealed on her face, and she shrugged. "A life in exchange for another." The smile froze on her face as she understood what actually happened. She died. She left her aunt, her friends, everyone she had.

Aslan noticed the witch's frightened look and placed his paw on her hand. "They will miss you beyond measure," he comforted.

A tear left Isabelle's eye as she thought about everyone from the other side. Corinne. The woman lost the only family she had. Scorpius and Albus. They lost the third member of the unbreakable Slytherin Trio. Teddy, Lily, Victorie, the whole youth of the family. They lost a friend. Draco Malfoy, the Potter and Weasley parents, they lost the girl they regarded as their own daughter.

"Do not be in tears," Aslan consoled. "You will reunite at the end."

Isabelle wiped her face and hoped that she didn't blur the little amount of mascara she wore. "Is it appropriate for me to be here in your world? It's for Narnians, but I am no Narnian," she emitted.