10 | Peace

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝Better late than never.❞

"Would you like to join me?" Caspian asked, sitting down next to Isabelle on the ground after he noticed her sitting alone while humming a song. He poured himself a glass of wine while glancing at the witch who looked quite lonely.

The weather was clearer than the day before, but it was still chilly. Isabelle was aware that it would get much worse within a day as it was really bad in the movies, she just didn't exactly know when the horrible storm would begin. They were all out on the shipboard, the Narnians were mostly drinking wine and having a little fun.

"Sure," Isabelle shrugged. "As it's known, in vino veritas," she declared with her index finger up. She had tried to keep throwing her little proverbs and quotations in a very low amount, but sometimes they just slipped out of her mouth naturally.

"What?" Caspian raised his brow and gave the girl a glass.

"Latin. There's truth in wine," she explained as he poured wine into her glass too.

"You know Latin?" His eyes widened. "I know it is a hard and quite scientific language in your world too."

"Well, yeah, you could say that. I don't really know the language. I know a little because of school but not much. And I only know prayers in Latin because of my religion," she told him, and they began to drink their glasses of wine. Caspian stated at her for seconds with slightly narrowed eyes, which, of course, was not unnoticed. "Yes?" Isabelle sighed.

"Is something wrong?" he asked so softly that no one else could hear besides them. The sudden mood change and the concern hiding in his eyes surprised Isabelle.

"Why would it be?" She shook her head uncomprehendingly.

"You have been exhausted for days, and nearly nothing has happened. We have not even stepped on a terrestrial. Okay, there's a lot of work on the ship, and you are an active helper, but I just don't understand. You still have great energy as before, but your fatigue is obvious," he explained with a worried facial expression.

"What makes you think I'm exhausted?" Isabelle stared at the glass in her hand, with a lump in her throat. She tried so hard to keep the thing she didn't want anyone to know invisible.

"Your eyes. They are glossy almost all the time, sometimes puffy and red, and not the crying kind of puffy and red. Also, you are trying to hide it, but you yawn a lot. Why don't you sleep more?" he asked.

Isabelle looked around them and noticed that everyone was busy laughing and talking to each other and didn't pay attention to their conversation. "I have insomnia." She sighed.

His eyes were the size of plates. "I have never heard of that. Is that a disease?"

"Sleep disorder. I have difficulty with falling asleep, I wake up during the night and can't go back to sleep, I wake up too early in the morning, and I feel tired while I'm awake," she told him.