11 | Nightmare

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.❞

Two weeks had passed since the Narnians plus the four human and the Telmarine king left the second island. The weather got really awful after a week, painting the sky with darkness, only the periodic brightness of lightning irradiated the canopy of heaven.

"No one never listens, this wallpaper glistens, don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen," Isabelle sang under her breath while sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand and earphone in her right ear.

It was another sleepless night for the young girl, so she was scrolling through her phone's gallery with a delicate but definitely happy smile on her face. Suddenly something struck a blow in her ear, apart from the music, and it came from the other side of the door. She placed the earphones and phone on the bed and stood up to investigate the noise's source. Her grasp tightened on her wand before she opened the door.

"Izzy!" Lucy's eyes widened as she saw the wand pointed at her.

"Lucy, don't scare me like that!" Isabelle lowered her wand, relief filled her voice at the sight of her friend. She thought someone would want to murder her, her being that paranoic. "What are you doing here? It's like two in the morning. You scared me, I could've hexed you."

When she said this, the younger girl's eyes quivered, and her chin quaked as she tried to hold back her tears.

Isabelle realised then. "Have you read that spell? And spoke with Aslan?" she asked in surprise. She didn't even notice how fast time went.

Lucy nodded. Isabelle pulled her into a hug and felt her shoulder getting wet. The Valiant Queen was crying. The tears on her face were racing at great speed, making her face shiny and her eyes swollen within seconds. Isabelle called a tissue with a flick of her wand and handed it to Lucy.

The witch felt her heart breaking as she heard the other gasping for air from the crying. She had never thought the nightmare would have affected her that badly. "Shh, calm down," Isabelle said softly and led her to the bed.

Lucy looked at her with horrid expression. "It was so horrible," she whispered and let her tears flow down her cheeks.

Isabelle watched her worriedly. "I know," she stroked her back, trying to comfort the girl.

"I don't want to vanish from existence," Lucy winced. She didn't need to tell her friend the details of her dream, she was conscious of the knowledge of the girl.

"You won't, it was only a nightmare," Isabelle continued comforting her. "Listen to me carefully," she spoke up after a couple minutes. "You don't need to look like your sister to be pretty. You are one of the kindest and most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Your bravery would make any man jealous. Remember, you were named 'The Valiant' for a reason. And your beauty would make any woman jealous. Those bright eyes with such joy within, perfectly wavy hair, flawless face and your beautiful soul as well. They are perfect in their own way."