13 | Friends

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝A stitch in time saves nine.❞

"I doubt the lords stopped here, my liege," Reepicheep stated as their boats got nearer the dry and dead looking island. "There's no sign of anything living."

"Right," Caspian agreed, observing the deserted land. "Well, once we get ashore, take your men and search for food and water," he told the mouse, who nodded. "The four of us will look for clues." He looked at Lucy, Edmund and Isabelle.

"Hang on, you mean the five of us," Eustace spoke up, which caused everyone to look at him unbelievably. "Come on, please don't send me back to the rat," he entreated.

The voice of Reepicheep was heard, however, it didn't sound affronted at all, it was more like waggish. "I heard that."

"Big ears," Eustace muttered fumingly.

"I heard that too," the mouse replied, making the others laugh.

"Um, Izzy?"

Isabelle's head snapped into Caspian's direction. "Yes, Cassie?" she asked, bringing up her voice to a sweet tone.

"It is a girl's name, isn't it?" Caspian knitted his brows.

The girl did a wave of her hand. "Nah, I like it. We'll keep it."

The king shook his head and cleared his throat. "What on Earth are you wearing by the way?"

She almost told him that she was wearing her robe when she arrived too, but then she remembered that the robe wasn't on her when the two first met, it was already on the floor since it fell off of her when she tripped after landing on the deck.

"My school uniform. I kinda miss school, I know it sounds incredibly unbelievable, but yeah, I actually do. So I thought I could wear 'em today," Isabelle shrugged.

"I think you meant you miss your friends from school," Lucy remarked.

"Not exactly. I mean, yes, of course, I miss them. But I miss the whole school, the subjects, the food, the atmosphere, some of the teachers-"

"Like your Herbology teacher," Edmund cut her off, rolling his eyes.

"Like my Herbology teacher." Isabelle giggled but was actually amazed by the fact that he remembered how she felt about Mr Longbottom. "Okay, my friends are a reason too. I didn't spend time with them all summer, and I left on the first day of school, so it's obvious that I miss them. I haven't spent time without them since I was born. I mean, I've known Scorpius since our first year in school, but I grew up with Albus. Our families are close because my mother's best friend is Albus' mother's sister-in-law. I know it sounds complicated. But that's the truth. We basically spent our whole childhood together."