7 | Insult

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.❞

"The next island," Isabelle murmured when they stepped on the terrestrial.

It was already late, the sun was barely seen, only dim orange lights showed that the moon wasn't alone on the surface. They collected branches and put them together. By the time they were finished, it was completely dark.

"Why is Leonardo DiCaprio a Scorpio, when he could be a Leo or a Capricorn?" Isabelle spoke, deep in thought. "I had a dream once in which I asked him about his horoscope, and he said 'oh, sweetheart, you can call me Leonardo DiCapricorn.' I literally laughed in my sleep. My mum thought I was possessed," she giggled.

By the totally random statement, heads turned to her direction, and they stared at her with strange eyes and confused faces.

"Ignorant people," she sighed and cleared her throat. "Don't bother!" she told Caspian who was about to make fire. "Lacarnum Inflamarae."

"How can you remember all the spells?" Lucy asked in awe as the branches started to burn.

Isabelle hummed before giving an answer. "I don't know. I have a good memory, I guess," she shrugged as they sat around the fire. "Do you want to see a good one?"

"If it's like the one you used on me, then no, thank you," Edmund said harshly, making her remember what she used on him after their duelling.

"Easy, Freddie. It's harmless," Isabelle told him, pulling out her wand again. "Well, not for everyone," she smirked at the boy sitting next to her, which made him fear a little. Isabelle just smiled and thought about one time she sneaked out of the school after midnight with Albus and Scorpius to play Quidditch. "Expecto Patronum." A light sparkle left her wand and grew into a shape of a beautiful creature. Seb, who sat on her shoulder once again, started flying around it excitedly.

"That's-"

"Wonderful," Lucy finished Caspian's sentence with an astonished smile.

"What's that?" Gael turned to her, hardly taking her eyes off the glimmering figure. "It looks like a winged-horse, but at the same time, it doesn't."

"Well, because it's a thestral," Isabelle answered her question.

"I've never heard of that animal," Reepicheep shook his head.

"Not many people like them, since they are kind of scary. They have a skeletal body, face with reptilian features, and wide, leathery wings like a bat's. They are visible only to those who have witnessed death at least once or due to their somewhat grim, gaunt and ghostly appearance," Isabelle explained, remembering the creature's explanation she read once or twice in a book. She smiled, looking at the thestral who was running around them, scaring some of the Narnians who hadn't seen Isabelle cast the spell.