19 | Goodbye

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝All good things must come to an end.❞

"So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" The voice of Edmund was the first thing Isabelle heard. She realised that she had passed out when Edmund grabbed her to get her to the ship. Lame, she thought to herself. The witch opened her eyes but narrowed them instantly from the bright light, which was why the other four, plus Reepicheep, hadn't noticed that she woke up. Her snowy owl was on her lap, sleeping. She smiled at the cute sight of Seb and thanked God that he seemed unharmed.

Eustace's voice brought her back to the conversation. "No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot," he explained with a gentle smile. "Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop," he apologised.

Caspian, Reepicheep, Eustace, in his human form, and the Pevensie siblings were in the boat with Isabelle, and she quickly recollected that the boat was heading towards Aslan's country. She didn't notice it at first, but Edmund was paddling with Caspian, using only one arm, because the other was around her body, gently squeezing her so that she could lie still. His warm touch made Isabelle have goosebumps, but in a good way.

"It's okay, Eustace. You were a pretty good dragon." He smiled kindly at the younger boy, and it was a sight nobody had really experienced. The two cousins smiling at each other.

"Not as good as me though," Isabelle joked, in a rather raspy voice, which made them look at her. Seb woke up and hooted gladly.

"You are awake. Are you feeling okay?" Edmund cupped her face carefully with one hand because he still held the paddle in his other hand.

"You could have told us you can transform into an enormous dragon." Reepicheep chuckled, and Isabelle noticed how the four of them exchanged a look and looked back at Edmund and her, in fact, the Valiant Queen seemed very much satisfied.

"My family and me, we are Animagis, which means we have an animal form too. That's a dragon for me. It was surprising when I turned into a dragon for the first time, but it's quite badass, so I don't mind," Isabelle told them after she sat up. She looked down at her forearm which was tied up. She still felt the pain but it wasn't as strong as before.

"How's your arm?" Caspian asked.

She shrugged. "Barely hurts."

"You scared me. Again," Lucy folded her arms, pretending to be offended.

"My apologies," Isabelle puckered up her lips. "I must tell you something very important."

By the serious tone she used, they all looked at her with inquiring eyes. "Yes?" Caspian responded.