16 | Wise words

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝No rest for the wicked.❞

"Take care of yourself while we're in there," Isabelle told Eustace as the ship approached Ramandu. The boy, well, dragon, couldn't really go with them, and Isabelle actually wanted to stay with him, but Caspian told her to go with the crew to discover the beautiful island. The girl made her owl stay with the dragon, just in case. "And don't get into trouble." She smiled and walked after the others.

Eustace roared quietly as a response, which made her giggle. Isabelle spent a lot of time with him, riding on his back, and told him stories of all sorts.

"How are you?" Someone appeared next to Isabelle, causing her to jump.

"Bloody hell," the dumbfounded girl slapped Caspian's arm reflexly. "Why does everyone scare me nowadays?" She exhaled slowly.

"Hmm, no idea," he shook his head. "Maybe because you seem off all the time."

The witch folded her arms. "I certainly don't."

"Yes, you do." He sighed. "You look worse and worse. No offence. Is there any way you could get your pills? I do not want you to have serious consequences."

"I'll be okay," Isabelle told him with a smile. "Otherwise, it may be good for me to get out of the habit of taking pills."

"Are you sure?"

Isabelle shrugged. "I'm used to the sleepless nights."

"But not for months!" he slightly raised his voice. Some of the Narnians looked at them, and Isabelle saw that Lucy and Edmund turned in their direction curiously. She looked at Caspian warily. The last thing she wanted was them to know about her disorder. "I am worried about you," he lowered his tone.

"I'm grateful, but I'm okay, Caspian. Really. I spent my first three years without pills. I am very sure that I can handle a couple of months," Isabelle replied with a reassuring smile.

"Mmm. Food." She heard Tavros' voice as soon as they caught sight of an enormous table with food in it.

"Wait!" Drinian put out his arm to stop the minotaur from eating something from the table.

After that, the crew noticed the sitting men at the end of the long table. Isabelle couldn't help but grimace at the smell of those men.

"Merlin!" Isabelle tripped as all of them drew out their swords at the sight of those men, scaring her. Again. Lucy chuckled and helped her up. Caspian and the Pevensies walked closer to the figures along with her.

"Damn son, they are bloody petrified," Isabelle poked one of the men at the table with the tip of her wand.

"Lord Revilian. Lord Mavramorn. Lord Argoz," Caspian enumerated their names as he recognised them.