12 | The past

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝When the going gets tough, the tough get going.❞

"Father! Father-" Caspian's groans echoed the two boys' room. He had a nightmare with his father in it, Edmund could find out by the older male's painful voice. The younger boy was awake, the last thing he wanted was to sleep, more exactly, dream. He was scared to fall into his imagination, not knowing what to expect anymore.

"Edmund. Edmund." He heard someone calling his name. It was a soft feminine voice which sounded way too familiar. His eyes went wide as he recognized the figure of the White Witch inside the green mist. Fear ran through his veins from the sight. "Come with me. Join me," she said quietly with a smile, however, not the nice kind of one. Edmund pulled out his sword quickly and pointed at her.

"Edmund," another whisper came from his other side.

"Oh, Lucy." He exhaled as he realised it was just his sister. He turned back but the White Witch was gone. A loud thunder made Caspian wake up with a moan.

"I can't sleep," Lucy whispered.

"Let me guess. Bad dreams," Edmund surmised. His sister only nodded. "So either we're all going mad or something is playing with our minds," he looked at his sister and Caspian, who both agreed silently.

"Do you know if Izzy's okay?" Caspian asked Lucy.

"She is. In fact, she seems to handle all of this the best." She smiled lightly, thinking about how the girl helped her just minutes ago.

She found it hard to believe that the girl was real. She was too kind, seemed to be able to do anything, and she was extremely beautiful in her opinion. She knew she wasn't the only one thinking that, she often caught her brother staring at the girl admiringly when she wasn't looking, although even the boy didn't notice himself.

"I'm not surprised," Caspian replied with a soft chuckle.

"I need air," Edmund stated. "You can stay here if you want to," he looked at Lucy who hesitantly nodded.

"Come here, let's talk and gossip," Caspian told Lucy and sat up so the girl could sit down next to him. That was the last thing Edmund heard from the two before he left the room.

As he was walking on the deck, he heard a female's voice. It surprised him that he heard it because the storm was very loud. He looked in its direction and saw a dark figure, slowly walking near the periphery of the ship. He began to run towards the figure as soon as he realised that the person won't stop. He panicked when he saw the figure trip and before the person could have fallen into the deep, stone-cold water, he reached out, grabbed her hand and started pulling her back to the surface.

He sighed in relief when he succeeded, and they both fell to the ground. He sat up, breathing heavily, and turned to the person's direction to see who it was, but only the silhouette of her was seen. All Edmund heard was sniffling.