5 | Capture

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛  

❝Necessity is the mother of invention.❞

"Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum,*-"

"Izzy, are you okay?" Lucy interrupted Isabelle's praying which began as soon as they started approaching the island.

She really tried to keep it quiet, but it was hard to stay unnoticed in a boat. "Yeah," she shrugged. They were on their way to the first island of the Lone Islands, and she couldn't hide how frustrated she was. That was the reason why she started praying. She and her family were Catholic Christians, and they all were quite religious, keeping the traditions of the religion. Isabelle looked up at the sky with a sigh and noticed that the sun was going down, tinting the celestial sphere to light orange and pink.

"Couldn't this have waited till the morning?" Eustace asked as they got out of the boats.

Surprisingly, Isabelle wanted to agree with him but she had no idea how her agreement would influence the story, not that she was so important that people actually would have listened to her, so, in the end, she didn't say a word.

"There is no honour in turning away from adventure, lad," Reepicheep replied.

"Listen," Lucy said when she noticed that there was no sign of people, the whole place was clanging from silence. "Where is everyone?"

They all shared a suspicious look as they noticed the strange silence too. Isabelle began to bite her lips and folded her arms to hide how frustrated she was.

"Come on, jelly legs," Reepicheep told Eustace, holding out his hand to help the boy.

"I'm capable of doing it myself," he responded and tried to get out of the boat to the land but tripped.

"And they say I'm the lame one," Isabelle silently commented.

"And you're certain he's related by blood?" Caspian asked Lucy, who just sighed hopelessly. Then, they heard a loud ring of a bell and slightly jumped from the abrupt bluster.

"Bloody hell," Isabelle mumbled. "It's starting," she whispered under her breath.

"What are you talking about?" Lucy asked since she heard the girl's quiet whisper but couldn't understand what she said. As a response, Isabelle just shook her head. Lucy looked at her with curious eyes but continued walking.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on. If we don't come back by dawn, send a party," Caspian commanded.

"Yes, your Majesty," Reepicheep gave a monosyllabic answer.