21 | Blank

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝Out of sight, out of mind.❞

"Write a letter when you get home," Isabelle told her mother before she boarded the train.

Mallory gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Of course, in any case."

"See you in June!" Isabelle shouted out of the window.

"Good luck with the exams, honey!" her mother shouted back with a wave.

"Izzy. Is there a problem?" Scorpius asked as they took their seats. He had noticed the frown on his friend's face as soon as it appeared.

"Something is wrong with my mother. Have you noticed? Have you seen that odd smile on her face?" she quizzed, poking the necklace she got from Mallory for Christmas. Since then, she did not take it from her neck, though it hadn't helped her with her sleeping problem yet. But she figured it out there was something seriously wrong with her mother. Above all, her smile gave her away. It was acrid and even more guilty. But why? She couldn't find an answer to that.

"Honestly, I have no idea, Izzy. I often noticed that she would sink in herself for a few minutes, and that is not peculiar to your mum." Albus sighed. "But I'm sure Lori's just overwhelmed by work."

"Work? With the librarian work?" Isabelle knitted her eyebrows. "Okay, I know it's harder than seems, but she's been doing it for so many years."

"You know what people are like," Scorpius said with a shoulder shrug. "They get crazy within a day. Could be a reason for Lori's behaviour."

"I hope you are right," she put her head on the window. She immediately remembered back to when she first saw Aslan through the train's window. Only then she did not know that it was him. Through the remaining travel, while the three of them were chatting, Isabelle was looking out of the window, expecting to see the gold fur. But there was nothing, only the similar view she had been glancing at for now the seventh year.

➳ ➳ ➳

"I am sorry, Professor!" Isabelle apologised quickly after she bumped into her teacher.

"Are you okay, Miss Karkaroff?" Professor Longbottom put his hands on the girl's shoulder and looked down with gazing eyes.

"Yes," Isabelle rashly said and picked her stuff up from the ground with an inaudible mumble.

"You seem oddly quiet and less energetic these days."

"I am fine, Professor. It's just the- the," Isabelle stuttered, "the weather."