Chapter 2- Situating

The house was strangely quiet when I woke up the next morning. They probably passed out, I hope they had fun.

I showered quickly and threw on a pair of shorts and a Brazil jersey with Marcelo's name and number on the back.

I slowly creeped out of the room I was occupying and was hit by the same smell of vomit and beer. A little cleaning wouldn't be bad.

The place was a mess, like a bomb hit the place. There was vomit in places I didn't expect, and there was spilled beer on the carpet. Gross.

"Hey look," his irritating voice echoed through the living room. "we got a new maid.". He doubled over laughing while Fernando and Nani just looked at the ground.

"What? You don't think this is funny?" Nani looked at him blankly, "No." I got off my hands and knees and dropped my cleaning supplies, its their turn to clean, not me.

"Clean it up, how can you stand to live like this? This is discusting!" Cristiano smirked again, "Maybe I like it discusting.".

Anger bagan to boil throughout my veins, I was ready to explode, and I was only here for 14 hours. "Brazil fan? Marcelo is a good player" Fernando said quietly. Cristiano glanced at him and then snorted.

"Yeah, actually." I gave him a warm smile and went into the kitchen. "Hey!" Cris called, "Fix us some cereal.". Keep your cool, Paige. Swear to God, if I didn't have to depend on him I would have done so many bad and dangerous things to him..alright maybe not dangerous..well no, dangerous. I hate him that much.

The kitchen was a nice porcelin color and was actually pretty nice. It would have been better decorated if it didn't have posters of him and his big head."Do you need help?" A voice came from behind. It was friendly, so I automatically knew it wasn't Cristiano.

"I am a wizard with cereal." Nani reached for the milk and the Coco Puffs on the counter next to me. "Thanks, but I think I have everything under control." He shrugged and put all the supplys back on the counter and nodded his head, "Howcan you take his shit?"  

"I've known him since middle school. He's no threat to me." Nani chuckled and shook his head, "First girl i've seen that wasn't mad for the bloke." I snorted, that was too funny. Who would want such an arrogant asshole. Thinking of anyone who would actually want a civil conversation with him made me gag. 

"Don't let him get to you." He patted my back, "He'll get bored." 

Of messing with me? Doubt it. Messing with me was like a charity for him, he would never give up. I'm suprised I kept my cool for this long. Then again, I didn't see him for a few years after high school.

"Ugh how do people do this!" I groaned after my 4th job interview. So far, no one would really accept me.

They wanted people with experience, which is what I didn't have. My watch beeped 4:00. That gave me an hour to getback and get ready before Marcelo came to pick me up. I lifted my arm in the air waryly attempting to haul a taxi.

When one finally slowed down I jumped in as fast as I could and gave the driver the address. "Oh, another one to Ronaldo's house." Gross, I'm sitting in a seat full of desperation and anxiety, I can almost smell it. "Fast please." 

"That's what they said too." I giggled to myself and imagined girls pulling up their bras and shortening their dresses and reapplying make up. Had to look good for Cristiano.

To be honest, I found it hilarious, not that they are actually after that asshole, but that they would lose every ounce of dignity they have to chase over a guy in general. 

As I got in the house,the song 'Pasarela by Daddy Yankee' played. I smiled to myself at my chosen ringtone for Marcelo. "Hello?" 

"Jelloo! Hey, don't get dressed up. Put on some cleats and shorts. I'm taking you on for a rematch, my friend!"