Chapter 9-Resurfacing

My cheeks flamed and sweat dripped down my forehead when I woke up again. The body that was laying beside me was now gone. "Paige?" I spoke out low enough for anyone to hear. My body screamed as I got up out of the bed to go downstairs. "Paige?" I called again once I got to the bottom of the stairs. A loud beep from my voicemail made me jump and grab my chest, instantly regretting the quick motion. I slept so deeply, I didn't even hear the phone ringing.

"Hey Cristiano." Paige's voice filled the living room. "I just wanted to leave a message since I couldn't find a peice of paper and pen since I was in a hurry." Whistling and voices came from the backround along with her whispering 'I'm on the phone.'. "Anyway, I hope you're feeling better. I left the alka-seltzer in the cabinet so you can take it if your feeling sick." The sound of whistling and voices came from the back. "Okay bye." 

I glared at the phone and snarled. Who does she think she is? My mother? Pain filled my heart as I thought of someone replacing the role as my mother. Last time I spoke with her was when we were discussing Paige moving in, and even that conversation was limited. Rapid banging snapped me back to reality. "Who is it?" I croaked. "Open up!" I rolled my eyes at the familiar voice and opened the door. "Where's your key?" I gave him a smile. He shrugged and held up a thermos of,hopefully, warm soup. "Mourinho said you were sick. It was so boring." He grabbed a bowl and poured the soup filling the kitchen with its sweet aroma. "Paige still at training?" I nodded and started scarfing at my chicken noodle. More knocking came from my door. "Who is it now?" I groaned. Marcelo got up and signaled me to sit down and finish my soup. "I got it." 

His happy look changed as he opened the door. "Hello. Who are you?" I could see a shadow along with Marcelo's from the kitchen. "Is Paige here?" He asked. I groaned again,much louder then before. Jonas stepped in and glared at me. "Aw, Ronaldo. You look like shit." He smiled a fake smile. Marcelo rolled his eyes and sat down in the spot he sat down before. "Likewise. Except, you always look like shit." I spat. Jonas glared at me once again and turned to Marcelo. "So, who are you?" Marcelo cocked an eyebrow at him and smiled. "Marcelo Vieira, I play on the same team as Cristiano." Jonas smiled at him and shook his hand, "I'm Jonas."  

The door knob started wiggling and the door opened slowly. "A little help!" An irritated Paige stumbled through the door with 4 shopping bags in one hand, a frappachino in the other, and her football bag around her shoulder. Marcelo and Jonas jumped up at the same time and grabbed her bags and helped her get situated. I sat back slurping my soup amused. "Cristiano." She sighed. "I'm glad you're out of bed." I nodded my head at her bags. "What you get." Marcelo reached in the bag and pulled out a red and black lace panty. "Yeah girl!" He threw it up in the air and caught it again. Her face turned scarlet, "Give it back, Marcelo!" She reached for them but he only lifted his arm up higher. Jonas laughed and Paige kept changing colors. I could only roll my eyes and leave. My head pounding harder than before.

The front door opened and closed and it grew quieter downstairs. "Cristiano?" Paige's voice echoed down the hallway. "Ronnie?" Marcelo's voice was more distant. "I guess hes sleeping." She sighed. The sound of the door closing and muffled voices were now audible. Peace, I needed my rest.

*Paige's POV*

"Be my judge?"

I held up an outfit in front of Marcelo, shaking it slightly. He groaned loudly and threw himself on my bed, groaning more. "Why me! Ask Cristiano." My face flushed a baby pink, "No way, hes a jerk. He'll diss every outfit I try on." A playful smile danced on Marcelo's lips and he crossed his arms. "Ohhh, I get it now." I turned to him and cocked my head. "What?" He chuckled and turned around. "Get dressed. I promise I'm not peeking."