Chapter 9- Opportunities

*Cristiano's Point Of View*

"You sure you want to leave?" I wrapped my arms around Paige who managed to shrug me off gently. She continued to pack without looking at me once. "Too much irrelevent issues, Cristiano." Her eyes finally met mine and she managed to force a smile. "I will definately be cheering for you." Her hand pushed the top part down while the other ones latched them in place. "I need to get back to my team anyway."

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around her waist tightly so this time she couldn't move them off. "If it's Eli-"

"No, it's not Eli." She snapped. My eye brows raised slightly as her tone grew more aggressive. She seemed to notice this and quieted down her tone. "I just..I don't think I need to be here.."

"Paige, two more days. Come on." I begged her to stay, but the look on her face showed to me that her mind was not going to be changed easily. She got on her toes and kissed me on the cheek and gave me a forced smile. "I'll be watching you. I promise." She turned to grab her suitcase and turned back towards my direction. "Not in a stalker kind of way."

I laugh and manage to gain seriousness again. "Alright, you win."

"I know." She joked. "Don't mess up."

I threw my arms around her and picked her up slightly off the ground, "I'm Cristiano Ronaldo, I never mess up!"

"You're so arrogant." She laughed. The feeling of warmth filled my heart at the fact that I am finally the one to put that smile on her face, to make her laugh.

*Paige's Point Of View*

As I stepped into Marcelo's villa, a cold sensation wrapped around my body sending shivers down my spine. "Dammit Marcelo." I mumbled. My finger pressed the air conditioning to off and left my bags on the sofa. I'll get around to it eventually.

The beeping noise of the answering machine rang through the house and irritating me. I was here, who could be calling Marcelo? Alot of people..I know. Without wondering if Marcelo wanted to hear it himself, I pressed the button.

"You have one new message." Beep.

"Hi Miss Lazaro." A gruff voice echoed through the empty house. "My name is Jeremy Johnson, captain of the girls soccer team here in Northwood Heights University. I have seen some of your matches on tv and would love for you to come play."

A cold chill shook my spine at the words 'University'. I haven't been to college in a few years and personally, I think I am too old now. 21 years old is probably the graduation age in America.

"I would like for you to call me back." He continued, "I think you'd be a great addition to our team!" He read his number down and the line clicked off. My hand grazed the phone, and dialed the number. If someone was this interested in me to join their team, it would be respectful to at least call.

********************

"So I see you haven't attended college since you were the age of 19?" He questioned and my eyes widened that he knew my information. "Uh, yes." I spoke in English. My English wasn't perfect, but atleast I knew how to speak it well enough to speak to Americans. "Well, your GPA was a 3.7, you're really bright, Miss Lazaro."

"Please, call me Paige."

"Well Paige, I would like to meet with you. Discuss more about this." He sounded excited. "I can come to Madrid if it's not convenient for you to come here."