Chapter 5- Secrets brewing

*Cristiano's POV*

The whole locker room grew silent as the sound of body against metal rang through the locker room. Eli still managed to hold his smirk while in a choke hold and my fists next to his head,ready to connect with any part of his body.

"Tell her." I growled at him. His smirk grew even more wide as my hands squeezed harder around his neck.

"You're psycho!" He croaked out and I could feel his cold hands scratching my arms. I hesitately let him fall to his knees coughing violently. "Elijah tell her! Or I will." I lifted my leg and dug my cleats in his thighs making him wince in pain.

"Why?" He challenged.

"You cheated on her you bastard!" I snarled. My anger clouded my vision and I didn't notice that the rest of the team had crowded around us. Seeing her cry last night was horrible. She must hate me now, but I was hurt. I wouldn't make her happy. But I knew hes not making her happy like he should. Something hit me last night. Her not caring about me, her hating me. No matter what, I will always care for her, that's why I want to stop talking to her.

"She doesn't need a loser like you!" I seethed.

He started to chuckle and looked up at me darkly,getting up slowly to look at me face to face. "And who does she need?" His eyes lingered on my face. "Someone like you? So someone who fucked with her feelings since day one?"

I opened my mouth to speak, yet nothing came out. He was right after all, ever since 7th grade I did nothing but torment her, and for what? Jealousy. She was wonderful in everyway and could of easily got noticed with her skills. Everyone liked her, unlike me which everyone feared.

"Why do you care anyway?" He smirked again.

I turned my head left and right and saw all the eyes that were on me. My face grew red and I hung my head down. Eli gasped over dramatically and covered his mouth.

"You love her." He breathed.

My face burned and I refused to raise my head and look anybody in the eyes. The silence was quickly broken by the sound of chuckling making my head snap up at Eli who looked like he was doubled over.

"The great Cristiano Ronaldo is in love." He began laughing more and the room erupted into mumbles and my face grew even more hotter.

"Hes even blushing about it!" A voice teased.

"No, no I'm not!" I yelled to them. As I spun on my heels, I was met by smirks, frowns, and teasing smiles. "I thought this day would never come!" Ramos clapped his hands and others followed.

"Shut the fuck up!" I don't and never will be in love. Especially not with Paige of all people!"

I grabbed the door but something stopped me from storming out. More like someone.

Paige stood inches away from my face holding a indescribable expression. Heat crawled in my cheeks as her lips began to form a frown.

"Where's Eli? I wanted to wish him luck before the game. " she began to look passed me and formed a smile once she spotted Eli.

He pushed passed me and lifted her up. "You didn't come to the room last night. Where were you?"she cocked her head.

I smirked and she raised her brows. "Yeah Eli. Where were you?". He shot me a dirty look and focused back on her. "Well babe, if you want to know the truth..."