Chapter 10-Reality hurts

*Cristiano's POV*

Unlike Paige, who was fast asleep next to me, I layed on my back wide awake. It's been like this for 5 hours in counting. Jet lag could be a possibility. Or probably because tomorrow, the love of my life will be on a plane to the America's. Florida to be exact. For how long? Two years, two very long, gruesome years.

It felt like God was punishing us. Like he didn't want to bring us together. "Make up your mind." I grumbled to myself.

The blankets moved slightly and a mumble came from Paige's mouth followed by a sigh. I watched her as she slept soundly and beautifully. Her hair cascaded like a waterfall down her head and slightly passed her breasts and her luscious lips remained slightly parted as she whistled with ever breath she would out hale. Her cheeks tinted and her lips formed a small smile. "Cristiano." she mumbled in her sleep.

"I'm here, amor." I whispered in her ear. She remained still and soon the tint went away and the smile she wore turned to a frown.

I thought deeply to myself which is something I can't say I've done in a while. After she leaves, then what? Is that the end to our relationship? Well..what relationship to be clear. I never asked her out, just confessed my feelings to her. Does she think we are in a relationship? We haven't said the big three words to each other since that night a few weeks back. Do I want a relationship? Would I be good boyfriend material?

My pulse rapidly began to pulsate and my head started throbbing. This was all too much pressure, I mean, yes I do love her..but would we actually work out in a relationship? Or would I be wasting my time.

There are other girls and I have a reputation, will she trust me here by myself? Do I trust myself to keep faithful for Paige? That part stopped my heart briefly. To be honest, I knew I wouldn't be able to contain myself. Would I try? Hell yes. Really hard in fact! Damn hard! Would I be tempted? Oh yes! Would I give in? That is the part I don't want to think of.

She began to stir in the bed and rolled over to her back gently. Her nose bounced like a rabbit and brought a smile to my face. She was beautiful and no one would be able to replace her. But I would be lonely without her. She promised me she would return for holidays so she could spend them with me only.

This is something I need to talk to someone about.

No not Marcelo.

My hand reached out to my night stand and grabbed my phone. I rose from the bed gently so that I wouldn't wake up Paige. That would be alot of explaining to do, especially since she was so good at reading my face.

Once I was on my feet, I padded my way to the bathroom and locked behind me. My heart began to thump and I swallowed hard. My fingers dialed the number I was once familiar with but quickly and sadly deserted. The ringing stopped and a voice came on the line.

"Hello?"

I sucked in air.

"Ma..."

*Third Person Point Of View. *

Paige stuck her little head over the fence lightly and gazed over at Cristiano. He was outside for the 4th time today practicing for futbol tryouts for the next day. His face filled with concentration as he ran up with speed to the ball and kicked it with force and agility making it soar perfectly in the net. He threw his arms up in the air so proud of himself. From the corner of his eyes, he saw a head laying on the fence top. When he turned around, she ducked quickly but not swiftly. "Paige." He smirked. "Have fun watching?"