Chapter 4- Can't keep up

The body next to mine followed my breathing pattern. My eyes darted back and forth of my new surroundings. The body moved making me jump up from the bed, it moved with me. "Woah, what's wrong?" Marcelo rubbed the sleep from his eyes and blinked rapidly at me. "Did we?" He cocked his head,"Did we what?"

I lifted the blanket slowly and saw that my clothes were still in tact. "Oh.." He blushed, "No, never that." "Why? I'm not good enough?" I pouted teasingly at him. He got up from the bed and gave me a smirk saying I wasn't his type.

"Oh, gee, thanks!" He shrugged and gave me a small smile. My mouth twitched to a frown, I'd have to go back to Cristiano's. My stuff was there, and I made a promise to my mom and his mom that I would try to make it work. Flashbacks from the previous day filled my mind creating new anger in my veins. Marcelo wrapped his arm around me, "You'll have to go back sometime." I shook my head and cleared my throat. I would have to go back, that's a definite. I just don't know how much longer I can stand living in the same house as him and breathing his air. Slowly,my confidence is falling thanks to that bastard.

"I know.." "You'll be fine." Marcelo wrapped his arms around my shoulders reassuring me that I can face him without getting angry. "If you ignore him, he'll leave you alone." I huffed and took out the house key he gave me. "See you." I waved to him, cracking the door open. "I'm here, Cristiano." I shouted into what felt like,an empty house. It was werid, it was only 5,he couldn't be clubbing so early, no one does that.He does have friends though. "Don't need to be worried, not that you would be." I muttered under my breath the last one. A sudden buzzing from my pocket made me jump in the air and grab my chest. "Damn." I grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

"Training tomorrow, love. Don't forget." I smiled at the screen, thanks to my new friend and fellow footballer Anja, I've been getting adjusted on the team. "Where have you been?" A familiar voice came from down the hallway. "With Marcelo." My voice was above a whisper. He came into view rubbing his head holding a glass of water with an asprin. "Long night?" I nodded at his glass. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Like always." I nodded my head, tension in the air. "Hey look, yesterday got out of hand." Cristiano finally spoke again which seemed like hours. "Just forget about it. I did." I gave him a very weak smile and started heading up the stairs. Lie.

*Cristiano's POV*

"Sooo," Marcelo lounged on the couch watching sports center. "I don't get it." I rolled my eyes explaining my friend for the 3rd time that One Direction was a music group and not an group of boys who love fucking eachother. "They sound like they take it up the butt."

He held a small smile before bursting into hysterics. "You don't know you're beautiful!" He screamed. I couldn't help but laugh. He ran to my laptop and went on Pandora in search of the irritating song. Shaking his ass, he started dancing and lip singing to the song jumping on my couch.

"If only you saw what I could see, you'd understand why I want you so-" He stopped and stared at something wide eyed. I turned into his direction and saw Paige trying to fight a smile. "What are you doing?" She said giggling. "Looking stupid." I said bluntly. It has been calm in the house,wedidn't fight, we didn't hit eachother, we didn't even recognize each others existence for a while. We kept it civilized.She had her hair pulled back like usual and had on a pair of shorts and her old Beckham jersey.

"I'm going to training." She whispered to us. "Do you need a ride?" Marcelo grabbed his keys in a hurry, "No, no. Anja is getting me. Thanks." She smiled at him and walked out the door. "So." I turned to him. "What happened when she spent the night?" Marcelo shrugged, "Nothing." "Nothing?" I said incredulously, "A girl sleeps at your house and you do nothing??"

He shrugs again, becoming more shy. "She's just my friend, bro. She didn't feel comfortable coming home to you." He placed a finger on my forehead and pushed me back. "You guys act like an old married couple." I got up from the couch and grabbed a Gatorade from the refrigerator, its too early to drink. "If we are married, I want a divorce." He shrugged, "Their team is coming to Barcelona with us, they are playing there too." Great, a bunch of butch girls on the bus with us to Barcelona, what a sight.

"Have you started packing?" I shook my head, in all reality, I didn't need much. Just extra clothes, my colone, and some gel. "It's Friday right? Only 2 days away." "Well, good luck to them." I snorted.

*Paige's POV**

Once training was over, me and Anja went to the stores for who knows what. "Why are we here again?" I groaned, shopping was not what I had in mind when she said we were going out. She grabbed a few slutty dresses and gave them to me. "Try them on." I gave her a "are you fucking serious' look and sulked into the dressing room. All of them barely reached the ends of my thighs. "Why do I need to try on inappropriate dresses?"

Anja looked at me like I was stupid, "To go to the club after the game." Her tone sounded like she was trying to talk to a stupid person. I walked out of the dressing rooms in the last dress. It was white and very tight fitting, it became looser on the bottom. "Buy!"She threw her hands up."It's perfect,you look amazing!"

I turned around and rubbed the fabrics smooth texture. "Fine." I didn't know looking like a hooker was appropriate club wear, but this was my first time going to a club.

"Can we actually go out now? Please?" I begged to her jutting out my bottom lip. She patted my head and wrapped her arms around me,"Fine,fine. But you are buying that, right?" She pointed to the dress under my arm. "Will it make you happy?" I teased. She nodded her head eagerly. "Okay, i'll get it."

"We have great news!" Jonas and the boys were all buzzing in the back round. "We saved up, we are flying over there!" A wide smile spread across my face. They took my silence in a good way and started screaming. "When!?" "Next 2 weeks!" My smile flipped into a frown, I glared at the phone as if they were here. "You made it seem like you were flying in tomorrow." Drew started laughing in the backround hysterically while the others groaned.

"Drew farted." I shook my head and smiled, I missed my friends way too much. "Were we a good good morning call?" I yawned and nodded even though they couldn't see me. "Yes, definately," I whispered.

"I have to go, tomorrows my first day, I want to make sure I'm in tip top shape, especially since the bus leaves at5 tomorrow morning." I groaned silently. "Byeeee!" they all said at once before hangingup.Todayis going to be a long day.

**Cristiano's POV**

"What are you doing? You're playing like you have shit in your pants!" Sergio Ramos taunted Canales as he went for the ball. I set up the goals in my backyard for a friendly game of football before the game tomorow.

It became a tradition. Canales glared at Ramos murderously before kicking the ball. Pepe sat back on the grass and mocked the Sergios while Marcelo was drinking some Gatorade. "Can I play?" Paige walked on the grass barefoot.

I gave her a look and smirked. "Can you keep up?" She tookoffherjacketand threw it on the outside picnic table, "That's a dumb question." After doing some werid footing with the ball she kicked it as hard as she could. We watched as it curved around Ramos and into the goal. "Fine." I threw my hands down.

So far, our teams were tied 2-2. It angered me that this little girl was trying to step up to me. She dribbled the ball back and forth with both feet coming towards me. "Can't keep up, Ronaldo?" She muttered to me before passing, I glared at her and jutted out my foot, causing her to spin and grab my shirt making me fall with her.

"Fatass get off of me!" she yelled. "Man Paige," I looked down at her. "You're good." I smirked and she turned pink and pushed me off. "I think I win." She looked at everyone, her eyes landed on me briefly making her turn pink again. Women.

After the game I went to grab everyone a drink, since I was the host. Paige was inside biting her nails, something I haven't seen her do in a while. "You hungry?" I chuckled.

She gave me a look. It wasn't angry, sarcastic, it was blank. "Im' nervous." I raised my brows. "About?" She shrugged her shoulders and sat on a bar stool, biting her bottom lip, "My first game..what if I mess up?" "Then I'll laugh." I smirked. "Cristiano! Not now..please." Her voice was a little about a whisper. "If you play like you did out there, you'll do fine."

I patted her head and walked passed her. "Wait!" She called. "You're being nice to me..are you sick?" I gave her a smirk, "Just don't fuck up tomorrow,alot of people will be watching." She shook her head and smile. For once, she smiled at me, and it was a beautiful sight.