Chapter 6-Mixed Signals

Cristiano held a familiar smirk, "You and Marcelo." He chuckled lightly before leaning against the wall. "Can't say I didn't see it coming. I backed away from him, "Nothing happened, Cris." He raised an eye brow and crossed his arms.

"Acting like I didn't see you and him kiss just now?" I felt blush crawl up to my cheeks. Marcelo wasn't a boyfriend type to me in my book, the kiss was out of no where. His eyes were challenging and his smirk grew wider as I thought of a come back. The real question was, why did he care who I kissed?

Probably to tease me forever. "Why do you care?" I snapped at him. He turned his attention to a waitress in pink short shorts and a white low cut shirt and turned laughed. "Something I can tease him about during training."

I shook my head, "Leave him alone..He didn't mean it.." I shook my head again,"The kiss." Flashbacks of the kiss came into my head filling my body with anxiety and other mixed emotions. "Of course." A serious expression overcame his face. "Its a kiss with you."

He scoffed before turning away.Old Cristiano was back, I should be happy, but my heart couldn't take much of this anymore.

***********

"Paige!" A hand grabbed my wrist. Marcelo spun me around to face him. "Please, let me talk." I rolled my eyes and gave him a small smile. "You are acting like I am mad at you."His face relaxed and he let out a nervous chuckle.

"Look, that kiss, I was a little buzzed." He layed on my bed in my hotel room and sighed deeply. "I just didn't want to mess up our friendship." He murmured. I ran my hands through his bushy hair and gave him a warm smile, "You're good. Lets just forget about this, kay?" He shot up and grabbed me a big hug, "Hey, lets go out and get something to eat.

The bus leaves later tonight so we got a few hours." I nodded at my suitcase, "Let me get changed." He lifted his hands up and backed out of the room.

My body flooded with relief at the thought that me and Marcelo were going to stay just friends. Just the way she liked it.

I grabbed one of my blue and white ruffled tank from my suitcase and white skinny jeans. The weather was warm, but it wasn't crazy hot. My feet were complimented with some gladiator sandals. I glancedatmyhair and decided to leave it down for once.

Frantic knocking came from my door making me jump."Damn."I grabbed my chest. "Open up, quick!" Marcelo's voice boomed from the other side. "What's wro-" Marcelo shoved a newpaper in my face. A big picture of me and him kissing was on the front. "What the.." I whispered. My eyes drifted to the headline above it. Vieira scores both on the feild and off!

I glanced at Marcelo who was now biting his lip. "Marcelo Vieira Da Silva, left winger of the team Real Madrid, not only scores on the feild but as in this picture, he scores off. These two love birds were spotted on the balcony of a nightclub in southern Barcelona. Looks like Da Silva is getting some action. Who is this mystery girl?" Under the text was more smaller pictures of me and Marcelo playing futbol and hanging out. There was even a picture of me on the feild during training.

"Paige Lazaro(21) is a mid feilder on a Madrid girls futbol team called the Crusaders. She was seen here having a friendly game of futbol with the winger and later getting cosier on the grass."

Next to the text was a picture of me and Marcelo laying in the grass together. My head started spinning and my whole body felt numb. "I think I'm going to throw up." I swallowed the bile creeping up my throat and clutched my stomach. Marcelo wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me to my bed. "It's okay, Paigey. We will sort this out." I shook my head,

"We? Noo, I'm not going in front of the press again." My voice was shaking and I closed my eyes to block the spinning. "I got this." He whispered. My breathing slowed again and I looked up. "You better!" He smiled and pat my head. "You got nothing to worry about."