06. Nobody Compares

06. Nobody Compares

I dropped my surfboard onto the sand and unzipped my wetsuit, letting it hang awkwardly on my hips.

Aaron was still sat against the boulder; his notebook, earphones, and shirt had all been forgotten about- they now lay uselessly beside him.

The instant he saw me he was up on his feet and jogging towards me, his dark hair blowing as he ran. "I was thinking," he called as he got closer, "when you said you didn't mind, what did you actually mean?" he questioned, slowing to a halt as he reached me.

It took me a couple of seconds to put together what he was talking about, but when I did I smiled; the kiss. "I meant that I didn't mind it," I repeated, "in fact, I actually kind of enjoyed it."

The blush that took over Aaron's cheeks made my smile widen; the pinkness seemed to make his tanned skin glow. "You enjoyed it?" he questioned, and I nodded.

Aaron stood in silence, just staring at me. I felt oddly vulnerable as I looked back at him. What was he looking for? Was he hoping I would object against his advances? Me being attracted to males wasn't a shock to him, I told him I'd had a boyfriend before.

"And if I was to do it again?" he asked, stepping for a little.

The pair of us were stood at the edge of the water, with each wave it washed over our feet. I stepped forward, taking some of the distance that separated us with me. "I wouldn't object," I spoke softly.

Aaron took another step; our faces were merely inches apart and my wetsuit was probably leaving a damp spot on his shorts. He raised a hand, letting it rest softly on my cheek- it was as if he was afraid of hurting me.

I returned his touch by placing my own hand on his naked hips. "Can I kiss you Caleb?" he asked; I had never heard him sound so small. His eyes were glued to my lips, and mine were glued to his. I nodded, and he noticed.

As he moved in I closed my eyes, embracing myself for the action. And then our lips touched, and fireworks erupted within me; I had never believed it when people said they felt fireworks during a kiss, not until this very moment anyway. This kiss felt different to our first, it felt like it was supposed to happen, like Aaron and I were destined to fall together once again.

In this moment the rest of the world faded away, and nothing else mattered. It was just me and him.

--

Marie seemed eager for our date.

She had added me on Facebook minutes after Lindy had told her I was down to go out, and then she had messaged me the moment I accepted her friend request. We'd decided to go to a restaurant of her choice on Wednesday, straight after school.

            "I'm going out after school," I announced as I walked into the living room- which also acted as my parent's bedroom.

My mom and dad turned to look at me from where they had been folding away their sofa-bed. "Yeah, what are your plans?" my dad asked; he wasn't as interested in my personal life as my mom, but my entire family were kind of overbearing.

I was about to reply when Emily called from the kitchen, "he has a date!"

"A date?" it was my mom's turn.

I nodded. "With a girl called Marie," I answered, there was no point in hiding it. "We're going out for a meal. I should be home for six."

"You don't have to rush back," my mom beamed. The sofa-bed clicked into place, and both of my parents let out a victorious cheer before giving each other a high-five. Following their success my mom walked over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder before saying, "I'm glad that you're moving on from Aaron."

The End Is Only the Beginningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें