12. n o t h i n g ?

12. n o t h i n g ?

"When did you realise that you liked me?" I asked.

Aaron was sat on the couch, an X-Box controller in his hand. We were at his cousin's house. They had gone to their grandparent's house for the day, so we had free roam of the place.

He paused his game, relaxing back in his corner of the couch. "What sort of question is that?"

"I'm just curious. I mean, I doubt you kissed me out of nowhere. And I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't just go around kissing any random guy," I spoke calmly, desperately trying to keep the blush from my cheeks. "I just want to know when you realised that you liked me?"

Aaron turned on the couch. His legs were crossed in front of him now. "When did I realise that I liked you?" he repeated.

"C'mon Aaron, it's not that hard."

"Fine then, when did you realise that you liked me?"

I shrugged, and the blush took over. "The moment I saw you," I answered. "You looked so peaceful, writing in your notebook. And then I saw those eyes and I was gone." It was Aaron's turn to blush this time, I grinned at him.

"I realised I liked you when you told me your name and the world stood-still."

--

Aaron ignored me on Wednesday as well.

I tried to talk to him in history and he gave me one-word answers. 'How are you?' 'Good.' 'The weather's nice today.' 'Yeah.' 'I heard you're coming to Kasim's on Friday?' 'Sure.' 'Why'd you suck my dick, Aaron?' 'Stop.'

When I walked into history class on Thursday, Grayson's suggestion seemed like the only option. The fact that I was actually taking his crazy advice showed how desperate I was becoming. I had to know where I stood with Aaron.

I wasn't just going to go in with the hand on his thigh, instead I would try to make conversation.

"Why did you do that? On Monday, after school?" He obviously would have had no idea as to what I was on about if I hadn't been so specific; sarcasm. Miss Flaherty had us doing teamwork, so our conversation was disguised, unless someone was listening really hard.

Aaron wrote something on his lined-paper before pausing. "Why do you keep on bringing it up?"

"Well it's not something that you just forget about."

He took a deep breath and my heart clenched. "It was nothing, Caleb. Please, just drop it." Aaron was writing again like I hadn't even said anything.

It was my turn to take a deep breath; Grayson, I'm counting on you!

I placed my pen on the table. Aaron was doing the writing side of our teamwork anyway.

Another deep breath. What's the worst that could happen? He could punch me in front of the entire class.

Aaron looked up at the board, reading the second question we needed to answer. 'What does Independence Day celebrate?' I dropped my hand underneath the table and looked around the room for any prying eyes; of course, no one was looking at us, why would they?

One final deep breath, and then I touched him. My hand was on Aaron Knowles thigh in the middle of class. Thinking about it, this was majorly pervy.

I heard Aaron's sharp intake of breath and I wanted to pull my hand away from him, but it had been there for about 5, 6, 7 seconds. He knew it wasn't an accident and I already looked like a creep, so I might as well make the most of it.