13. Friday Night

13. Friday Night

It was Friday, and Aaron's cousins were out again leaving us in their house.

The two of us were currently lying on a couch in the basement of the house. A movie played in the background, it was 'Shutter Island', yet I was more focused on the brunet whose hair I was currently brushing my fingers through as he lay soundly on my chest.

"How come you never go out with them? Your cousins?"

Aaron had told me that he'd specifically come to Florida from New York to hang out with his cousins, who were a similar age to us. Still, since I had met him he didn't seem all that interested in actually spending time with either of them.

"I'd much rather spend time with you," Aaron spoke, looking up at me with those gold-flecked eyes.

I couldn't help the smile that spread over my lips. I kissed him softly on the top of his head. "You're sweet," I replied, relaxing back against the couch arm; Aaron blushed.

He sat up suddenly. "Did you just call me sweet?" he asked seriously, but the smile threatening to cover his lips gave him away. "No one's ever call me sweet before," he continued, his lips curving ever so slightly. Aaron managed to turn around in between my legs; now he was hovering above my face.

"Obviously no one knows you as well as I do then," I joked.

Aaron was smiling now, he leant in a kissed my lips softly, but passionately. "It might be too early to say this," Aaron began, another chaste kiss against my lips, "but I think that I might be falling in love with you." Another kiss.

I stared up at the beautiful brunet, with his olive skin and a faded scar across his eyebrow. In this moment everything was perfect; being here with Aaron was perfect... Aaron was perfect. Him telling me that he was falling in love with me was perfect.

"That's nice," I spoke, my voice threatened to crack as I my light-blue eyes locked onto Aaron's.

For a split-second Aaron seemed to freeze; he almost looked like he was going to bolt from his current position in between my legs. I registered the panic on his face, and it my heart skipped a beat.

"Because I think that I might be falling in love with you too."

--

School on Friday passed easily. There was no thigh-touching in history, or awkward conversations about blowjobs. And for the first time since she had found out about me and Aaron, Noelle hadn't brought it up once during the entire school day.

             "Welcome to my humble abode," Kasim announced, producing a key from his book-bag.

Noelle snorted, "humble my ass."

Kasim lived on the outskirts of Brooklyn- we'd had to catch a bus to get here- in a semi-detached townhouse. The micro garden in front of the house was covered in brightly-coloured flowers and hanging baskets, it didn't look like the kind of place where Kasim would live; I expected something more modern.

Aaron had driven to Kasim's with Lindy. They'd even nipped to a convenience store on the way over yet still managed to arrive before we had.

"We bought snacks," Lindy spoke.

Kasim pushed the door to his house open and the five of us followed him in, "Red Vines?"

Lindy retrieved a single packet of red liquorice from her own plastic bag and handed it to Kasim, he smiled at her brightly. It was then that I noticed the flamboyance of the interior of Kasim's house. The front yard was bright, but it was nothing compared to inside of the house.